Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E6550 voltage and core speed ??

Default Re: E6550 voltage and core speed ??

Hi Lsdmeasap,

Sorry for taking a few days to post back. I still not changed the fans yet as waiting to take a trip to the store I use, what I save on postage will give me another fan. I was a little worried about the north-bridge getting hot as I now use a cooler that does not blow direct to the motherboard, it didn't feel hotter but to make sure it was cooled I made a bracket for a 92mm fan and fitted it to the case so its at 90 degrees to the pci express slot, I left the pc on for a few days as its been hot and sunny here so inside temps have been around 25c. I attached a screen shot of the temps at idle with speed fan. I think they are just fine. pc is running great.

Just one question, if you look at the screen shot, near the bottom left side it shows the 12 volt rail as 0.96v, now that's what I can a low power pc ! Its not correct as I've got a new 500w sea sonic unit fitted so either its a bug in speed fan or its measuring the wrong sensor as its 12.1 v with a digital meter and 12.1 v in the bios ! ( besides the pc is working lol )

Thanks again for all your advice and help,

martop
    Attached Images Attached Images E6550 voltage and core speed ??-speedy-jpg 

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah it is likely just measuring the wrong voltage. See what this tells you for your 12v +/- 5-6 is fine >>
    CPUID'S PC Wizard

Or Everest Ultimate if you have it, I am not sure if the trial will show you all voltages, but the above software is free and will

Cpuid says its 13.68v sandra says its 0.96 bios says its 12.1 and dvm says its 12.1 So either :

1) I can run this pc on a couple of torch batteries ( would be good but unlikely )

2) I am over volting so a burn out is imminent

3) Everything is ok its just a software error ( I go for this one as I believe my dvm and the fact that I don't have a burning smell in the room !! )

Thank you for the link to cpuid, its something I used a long time ago but forgot about, handy to have.

martop

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah I would go with dvm and bios, 12.1 is acceptable and sounds more accurate

Yeah, I dont use PC Wizard from there as I have sisandra and everest, but I do use CPU-z from there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information