Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P35-DS3L -- Possible memory setting problems?

Default Re: P35-DS3L -- Possible memory setting problems?

Alright.. ordered the Mushkin XP and got next day shipping.

As for the BIOS settings, the one you listed above, are they still recommend for this memory?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, and since you got the XP set you can likely some tighter timings as well, only testing will let you know but those are very good sticks!!

You can likely run these settings >>>
    CAS Latency Time________________ 4
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 11 (May run with 3-4)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 3-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________52-62 (you may be able to run 38 or less here!)
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________8 (your can likely run 7 here)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

Just wanted to say thanks. Not to jinx anything, but I installed the new memory, used your recommended settings, and ran several MemTest86+ tests. Been booted up in Vista for awhile now, so it appears that it was a memory issue. Scary to think that was the cause of the BIOS wiping out.

Crazy how so many people recommended that memory with this board. Several different places too..

Nice!! Glad to see you up and running smoothly!

What do they reccomend? Mushkins? If you do mean that, it is just because they are AWESOME ram, and a great brand, not to mention the lifetime warranty that allows overclocking as long as you are not overvolting

Just got my E3110 installed today! 4Ghz out of the box, under most voltages I have seen. Vid 1.0625 (Just had to show someone since i just got online after letting my PC run orthos all day while I was gone)

And yeap, Mushkins! But they are not super overclocked or anything, just to 900 but stable as can be
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-14-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Congrats on a getting a nice chip and overclock.

Is the vid from CoreTemp and what is the Normal CPU Vcore in the MIT???

Yeah VID is from CoreTemp. My board set the voltage to 1.170 when I first ran it to let vista install the CPU, so maybe that is the VID and coretemp is wrong, which it is likely with these CPU's being so new

Well it crashed on me at 21 hours, so I still need a little bit of tweaking. But I plan to install water next week so I may leave it for now since everything will be different then. I guess no need to tweak now when I will have to later this week

I meant to say.. so many people recommended the Crucial Ballastix memory, that is why I went with it. Several people on forums such as TomsHardware, etc.

I should have came here first. ;)

Well crucial USED to be the best, but have since started getting tons more RMA's and have also switched the chips the use! So whatever used to apply to crucial no longer does, they still use Micron as it is the same company, but switched to different chips.

Either way I suggest to not stick with that OLD hype, and it really is more of the older DMGH9 that cause the most RMA's and yes they were the best so what does that tell you. Most of the hype was because that specific chip could overclock very high, and take high voltages. But even underclocked caused alot of failures as well, so all in all it was a great chip, with a HIGH failure rate.

I have yet to see many RMA's due to ther new chips, but They do not overclock as well, and not many have had them long enough to start killing them. I do personally believe this is why they switched to the newer chips to make LESS RMA's and thus save them money in the end. Others will surely disagree with that but it's just my thoughts on it all

Also, this should be more highly publicized for all to see as well >>>
    X38/X48 Ballistix Tracers Compatibility Dropped

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've run into an odd issue.

I woke up a few mornings ago to find my computer turned off. I powered it on, it booted up, went into Vista and then Vista would start the shutdown sequence and turn my computer off. I thought I had a virus, but then the PC would power off while it was booting up or sitting in the BIOS.

The odd part is then it will power back on randomly within 30 seconds, boot up, power off. Over and over. I thought it was a power supply issue so I picked up a new one and hooked it up, but still having the same problem.

I've verified it isn't overheating. All the fans are clean. I've reset the BIOS settings. I did notice that sometimes the screen would flicker while in the BIOS or sitting at an error screen (I unplugged my HDDs, so it can't boot obviously).

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem, and if it is related to the motherboard. Should I RMA it? Not sure what to do here, any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Mark

Just checking in on my post.

Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks for all the help previously.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information