Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: P35-DS3L -- Possible memory setting problems?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P35-DS3L -- Possible memory setting problems?

Hmm, have you cleared the CMOS? I would try that first, and do use the latest BIOS if you are not already

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, have you cleared the CMOS? I would try that first, and do use the latest BIOS if you are not already
    Yes, a few times actually. I usually have enough time to go back into the BIOS and reset all the settings, but it will eventually power off and back on again.

The BIOS is also the latest version (F8).

I've never had so many problems with a motherboard than I've had with this one. I'm really bummed about this.
    Last edited by Quick; 03-09-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Hmm, so will it remain on with your drives disconnected?

Sounds like you may need to get it out of the case, and off the tray and see with all hardware removed except the minimal how well it will run. Can you borrow some ram to test with, or test your ram on another system?

Well, I've pretty much tested everything. I've bought new ram to test, new power supply, borrowed a CPU that I know is good. Regardless of what is plugged in, the unit will randomly power off, then back on in 15-30 sec depending.

Sometimes it will run for 5 minutes before shutting off, sometimes only 30 seconds.

I've ordered a new board (the same one) to swap out.

When I get the board, are those settings you posted still recommended for the memory I have? I'm a little scared to OC my board because of the issues.

Thanks for all your previous and current help. I have to credit these support forums for why I'm still a Gigabyte customer.

Yeah likely, but maybe I could advise better. Once you get your new board go ahead and re-post your specs here for me, and what CPU Speed/voltages you are running, ect and I will advise back

You ordered a new one, not RMA? If so, you should have just ordered a UD3x model P45 likely the same price range, well maybe 20-30 more but it would have been worth it.

I appreciate the kind words, as does Gigabyte I am sure! I will be around to offer support, so you can continue to buy Gigabyte knowing we are here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeah likely, but maybe I could advise better. Once you get your new board go ahead and re-post your specs here for me, and what CPU Speed/voltages you are running, ect and I will advise back

You ordered a new one, not RMA? If so, you should have just ordered a UD3x model P45 likely the same price range, well maybe 20-30 more but it would have been worth it.

I appreciate the kind words, as does Gigabyte I am sure! I will be around to offer support, so you can continue to buy Gigabyte knowing we are here to help
    I will RMA my board, but I just ordered another one because I didn't want to reinstall Vista (plus, I don't have access to the install disc all that easy).

When I get it up and running, I'll post. I'll be using an E8400 processor, the same Mushkin xp2-6400 memory (two 2GB sticks). I'll get back to you with the other info.

Thanks.

Ahh, well aight then!

Well good luck setting it all up again, hope all goes well!

Well, I got the board yesterday, swapped it out, and I'm up and running. Must have been the motherboard.

What is also somewhat odd, and worth mentioning, for a few months I noticed my LCD monitor developing a yellowish tint. I thought it was the monitor, but no matter what I did, the monitor had a tint. After swapping the board, the monitor is normal again. Weird.

Anyway -- I've updated to F8 and loaded the optimized settings. I'm a little nervous to OC, so I think I might not do that until things have been running for a bit.

I do have the Mushkin XP2-6400 2x2GB -- I know it's rated for 2v-2.1v at 4-4-4-12 -- does it hurt the memory (or the board) if I leave everything as default?

Please recommend me what you'd change, if anything. Again, thanks for the help.

Well, it appears the issue has returned.

After running fine for a few days, the PC is now shutting off again. I've replaced the power supply, now the motherboard. Could it be bad memory causing this?

I'm thinking about going out and just buying some standard memory, no performance stuff. Wondering if you had any recommendations. I'm running out of options here. :(

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information