Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the serial number & heatsink?

Default Where is the serial number & heatsink?

I have the EX38-DS4 board revision 1.1 and don't see the serial number anywhere. Where is it supposed to be? No date of manufacture either.

Also, my board does not have that small heatsink on the back as shown in reviews of this board and also on Newegg, which is where I bought it. Now, maybe, since this is revision 1.1, they did away with that little heatsink on the back. Of course, there is the possibility someone forgot to put it on.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Where is the serial number & heatsink?

You may need to contact Gigabyte directly and have them send you one if it was left out of your box, and yes they could have removed it, only Gigabyte phone support would help you answer this quickly since the official GA support person is on vacation from here

I believe the date and serial number is on the PCB somewhere you will just have to look close. If you do not find, I will have my board out tonight so I will see where it is on mine and let you know

I looked all over the board and couldn't find that serial number. I did see a bar code with numbers, but it did not say serial number, just some numbers.

I will try Gigabyte support about the backside heatsink, but I suspect they took it off with this revision, assuming 1.0 was the original version and 1.1 is the newer one.

Yes, I would appreciate it if you could find out about the serial number on your board. The box has a string of numbers starting with SN..... but they are all in a row with no separation from SN to the next number.

Yeah, I am installing a E3110 tonight so I will let you know. That barcode may be it, and only they can scan and see what the serial is? Who knows

but yeah, I will let you know where I see mine

I went to Gigabyte's site but can't find their phone number. Do you know what it is?

Never mind, I got the phone number off Newegg's site.

GIGABYTE
    Phone Number: (626) 854-9338
    Technical Support: (626) 854-9338 [TECH SUPPORT - PRESS 3 - PRESS 1 "end-user"]
    RMA Department: (626) 854-9338 [PRESS 4]

As per >>>
    CPU Solutions - End User Manufacturer Contacts & Vendor RMA Information

Or here official GA site with all Locations #'s
    http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/Company/...contact_us.htm

Okay, I called Gigabyte and was surprised to get through to their tech support in less than 5 minutes!

1. My board Revision 1.1 is the original version; they started this series with Revision 1.1, not 1.0

2. The picture on Newegg and in the reviews I read showing a small heatsink on the back was only on their reference board, not actual production models. So, they sent the boards with small backside heatsink to reviewers to get nice temps and impress and made the board without heatsink for retail market. Nice.

3. As for the serial number, it is supposed to be on the board near PSU connection, a sticker. However, there is no such sticker on my board, perhaps only for reference design.

4. The string of numbers on the box that I mentioned above starting with SN.... is the serial number, although no separation after SN, all is together. Not a problem, at least I know the serial number!

Do I/should I register the board somewhere now that I know the serial number, or should I keep this quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    HAHA nice

I dont know, where would you register it?
    Good question, I don't have the foggiest idea. I am pretty sure I registered my present board on the ASUS site, but I don't see where one could register any Gigabyte product on their site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information