Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP! EP35C-DS3R will not POST

Default HELP! EP35C-DS3R will not POST

I am unable to get my new machine to post (full spec below).
    I have power, evidenced by the CPU fan and video card fan spinning and all the phase LED's are lit (not sure if that's good or bad!). The power button on the case does not function despite being connected to the correct pins, although I get lights to indicate when the machine is powered on. No signal from the video card.
    Through the onboard speaker I hear what I'd describe as static noise (but could be continuous very very short beeps possibly!). This happens no matter what components I have installed (ie no HDD, no memory, no video card, I still get the noise!)
    Any suggestions welcome

Spec
    EP35C-DS3R
    Intel Core 2 Quad - Q6600
    INNO3d 8600 GT 512mb
    2x Seagate 500MB Sata HDD
    2x 1GB CORSAIR DDR3
    Speed H680 case with 550W PSU

Default Re: HELP! EP35C-DS3R will not POST

Are you sure the case speaker is good?
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, those phase LED's should be on until you get into the system.. Can you test that graphics card on a different system? And I would say maybe that case speaker is bad because you should hear a definite beep, error beep or ok beep, either way it should be some beeps.

And you will likely hate to hear this but I have helped many people with issues with that memory and gigabyte boards. But it is likely ok since you said you get the same place as in no where even without the ram in there.

I would say to first test as many of those components you can in a different PC, cpu graphics card at least.

Have you tried to start the system OUTSIDE of your case? You may be shorted out somewhere. Set your board on something NON conductive, static bag, cardboard countertop, desk. Something like that and try to start it with components in. If same, test the cpu and graphics card if you can in a different system
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 12:22 PM.

I have tried the board outside the box with the same result unfortunately :-( The speaker could be broken, but that doesn't explain why it won't POST or why I can't get the power switch to work on the box either. Not sure how I'm going to test the CPU, might try taking the whole lot to a local shop and see if they can put the bits into another system for me.
    Thanks for the ideas so far, any other thoughts appreciated :-) I'll post back once I've tried some of this.

Well the speaker is MOST needed so you can hear the error beep so you will have a better clue as to why it is not posting.

As for your case button, are you sure it works properly? If it is Brand new it may not, if it does are you sure you wired it into the proper spot?

I'll try the speaker in my old case, that'll tell me if that's no good. The box is brand new so there may be a problem with it, I'll try taking my old machine to bits over the weekend and putting it into the new case and see what happens.
    I got a suggestion from Gigabyte to try removing the battery for 10mins or more, and retry. That didn't work either :-(
    Will test with a new PSU tomorrow, if that doesn't work it must be either the board or the CPU

CPU or board been used before? I would say you should test CPU and GFX card in another system. That should be easy enough, but I know it may be hard to find a DDR3 board to test that ram in so thats why I suggested at least test the CPU and GFX card elsewhere, the case speaker will let you know if the ram is bad, or the power supply (Which you could also test on a different system)

Good luck, I know it is frustrating. I only wish I could help ya myself other then making suggestions!

No worries I appreciate the suggestions :-) Everything is brand new, board, memory, card etc. I've tried a diferent speaker with the same "static" noise. Power works ok on my old board so that's not a problem and video OK. So given I've exhausted all other options I can test I'm going to return the board :-(
    Thanks for your help :-)

Thread Information