Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BIOS including RAM Questions

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: BIOS including RAM Questions

Yeah, and do you think the board is actually smart? After all these "HELP Me threads"?

As you see that user is in agreement with me, it WILL change them on the fly. And not in agreement with me, I say not always for the best

Your system will work fine and let you get in vista without doing anything to any settings, but being stable for 24 hours or whatever amount of time in a stress test or a hard game is a different story

With memTEST86+ you can see Main timings yes, but a post or few back I was suggesting for you to install memSET once you are in vista only to see that AUTO was not always using the same SUBTIMINGS

No, you can only see main timings in memTEST86+, and you can see and change LIVE main and sub timings in windows with memSET

Just install vista and stop playing with things!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeah, and do you think the board is actually smart? After all these "HELP Me threads"?

As you see that user is in agreement with me, it WILL change them on the fly. And not in agreement with me, I say not always for the best

Your system will work fine and let you get in vista without doing anything to any settings, but being stable for 24 hours or whatever amount of time in a stress test or a hard game is a different story

With memTEST86+ you can see Main timings yes, but a post or few back I was suggesting for you to install memSET once you are in vista only to see that AUTO was not always using the same SUBTIMINGS

No, you can only see main timings in memTEST86+, and you can see and change LIVE main and sub timings in windows with memSET

Just install vista and stop playing with things!!!
    I am not doing 24 hours or stress tests, I have enough stress in life without making it happen.

Just look at the damn gas and oil heating prices! That is enough stress for me!!!

Games? I play chess and baseball.

I will install Vista later today, Saturday, but not the whole nine yards. I don't think I'll have enough time to do all my files and programs, and I don't want to get too stressed out.

Been reading this thread " and others " , all i have to say is Lsdmeasap , you should be congratulated , man you've got a lot of " patience " :-)
    Kissparo

HAHA Yeah, I do have some patience..... Somedays!

Thanks for the congrats, It is appreciated!

Well, I installed Vista 64-bit Ultimate and I must say I love it! The best part is the ratings for performance. I hope they come out with a rating for users!

I have both Real Temp and Speedfan running to check temps. I have no idea what Temp 1 and Temp 2 mean in SpeedFan. Do you know?

My room is 20C and Real Temp reports Core 1 @ 26C and Core 2 @ 28C (Distance to TJ Max is 69 & 67). Maximum temp for Core 1 and 2 reported by Real temp so far is 31C and 35C, and minimum 25C & 26C. Speedfan reports Core 1 @ 31C and Core 2 @ 33C. I notice there is always a 5C difference between them with SpeedFan 5C higher. I have not made any adjustments to either one. My hard drives (I have 2) are 30C and 34C. Memory is 5-5-5-15 as reported by CPU-Z. I haven't installed memset yet.

My RAM gets the highest rating in Vista at 5.9, as does my Graphics and gaming Graphics. Primary hard drive gets 5.8, and my E8400 gets a whimpy 5.7.

So, everything is working great so far! This is a big change from XP!!!

I don't know what to do with Real Temp regarding calibration, but any way you look at it, the Ninja is doing well so far without a fan.

I have all my timings set on Auto except for PCI-Express Frequency that is manually set at 100.

My whimpy E8400 is running at 1999.7 MHz and Multiplier is 6. I don't understand why it's running at 333.3 MHz Bus speed and Rated FSB is 1333.2 MHz and the last one does change minutely, goes back and forth from 1333.1 and 1333.2

I was a bit confused about the SATA RAID driver the CD suggested I install after running a scan of my system, but I put in the Gigabyte SATA and RAID driver, the Gigabyte website seems to have a very old SATA - RAID driver from last year.

What is really neat is that backup in Vista that let me take an image of my system before I installed any drivers--it was a few minutes and done! Sure beats backing up to a DVD. I can throw my Roxio software out the window!

No real problem with drivers and this 64-bit version of Vista, just a few minor issues. The only real problem i have is my printer not being recognized in Device manager, but it works. I will call HP on Monday to get this straightened out, don't like my Laserjet being ignored like this.

Got to say I am really happy I made this decision going to Vista, at least so far. By the way, do you know a shortcut for Device manager? I go through right-clicking on My Computer but is there a quicker way?

Any questions?

Forgot to mention that in CPU-Z under SPD > Timings Table:

Frequency

266 MHz --400 MHz

CAS# Latency 4.0----5.0

RAS#to CAS# 4------5

RAS# Precharge 4----5

+RAS -----------10---15

+RC-------------16---24

Voltage--------1.8----1.8

Temps sound good, there is a calibration page for realtemp, but if you are not overclocking it really isnt that big of a deal.

As for speedfan you will just have to look at others things and try to guess what is what

333 bus speed is 1333. 333x4=1333

Those timings you see are SPD for nvidia boards that can use SPD properly. If you look in the memory tab you will see partially what timings your system is using. If you install MemSET you can see them all

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information