Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P35-DS3L Memory/Board Bluescreens

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L Memory/Board Bluescreens

And then it died after about 24 hrs of up time. I changed the settings to those you suggested, (other than increasing voltages outside standard specs) and got instant memtest errors. Hard off, repeat, no memtest errors. I'm going to see if it will be stable in single channel mode with one stick or the other. I'm still not completely convinced this isn't motherboard related.

I wonder if it is just the DRAM fully discharging on the hard power off that fixes it. Maybe it is as simple as having a few transistors stuck in a high impedance state. I don't know how the memory controller maintains the DRAM's state. If I were doing a reset I would let it discharge, but perhaps it isn't set to do more than to write all 0s to the memory, or don't cares.

Who knows. I will try each DIMM single in the same slot, ending the test on a single failure... My hope is one stick passes and the other fails. That would be definitive that it is the RAM and some of it is no good.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Those timings I suggested are for 2x1 so that is likely the issue there, and Voltage wise you should use at least 2.0-2.1 for those sticks

For 4x1 I would use this >>>
    CAS Latency Time________________ 4
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________4
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________12
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 9-11 , but you may need to try 15-18 first
    Write to Precharge Delay_________3-5

Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-62 << Likely what caused your failure in using my settings on page one, this must be higher then those for 4x1

Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31 << Leave on Auto or Zero or 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 1.9 is not going to work so use +.2 for 2.0 or +.3 for 2.1 (Suggested)

FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Those timings I suggested are for 2x1 so that is likely the issue there, and Voltage wise you should use at least 2.0-2.1 for those sticks
    It was in 2x1 at the time. I will try a bunch of things. Systematically. I think the control-f1 ought to be in the user manual...

I'd have already done most of this if it was. Oh well. Thanks for the input.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, well they made it so you dont have to in most newer BIOS's, as I said before you need to flash again to the newest and load optimized defaults then save and apply and reboot then you will not have to anymore. I believe all new GA bios's this was fixed in, so likely you just did not do the load optimized and save and apply/reboot the last time you flashed. I know you have the newest one, but without loading optimized you did not do it properly and that is likely why you still have to hit ctrl + F1. I could be wrong, but I dont think so

Try 5-5-5-15 then you will know for sure if the ram is bad or just timings used all together are mismatched

Good luck, I am off here for the night. See you tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information