Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA EP35-DS3R problems on initial startup

Default Re: GA EP35-DS3R problems on initial startup

The RAM I currently have running said that they run at 2.1v on the heat spreader, which is why I actually went and bought an extra stick of RAM this morning on the off chance that these didn't work.

I will bump up the overvoltage setting on the current ones and see what happens.

Here is the details on the Corsair xms2 pro ones I would like to run.

CM2X1024-6400C4PRO
    XMS6404v2.2
    4-4-4-12
    800 MHz
    1024 MB
    XMS2-6400

Vista Ultimate 64-bit just finished installing, system appears to be running pretty good. I am going to get SP 1 installed and then change those overvoltage settings for the current memory.

Thanks again for all your help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

@moopile the drive ports do not matter unless you are doing AHCI or RAID

For 2x2Gb you will need 52-62 Refresh to act, and the same above voltage increases except set ram to 1.9. You say the "Same one stick" will not work, even by itself? If so that stick is bad and you should RMA the set

@ATX well you should be able to run those with 2.1V anything over 2.1 I suggest a fan on the ram. But most rated to 2.2 or more can run just fine at 2.1, try setting it to that with your 512's and then put in the ones you want to use. You can and possibly will need to also set the rest of the timings with the 512's in which will be fine too, and then save and shut down and put in the other ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    @moopile the drive ports do not matter unless you are doing AHCI or RAID

For 2x2Gb you will need 52-62 Refresh to act, and the same above voltage increases except set ram to 1.9. You say the "Same one stick" will not work, even by itself? If so that stick is bad and you should RMA the set
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the settings later. I have to get some sleep.

I had the same thoughts about the 2nd stick (doa). I was just hoping the one was more tolerant and after tweaking some settings, I could get it working too.

Anyway, again if anyone gets 2x2 working let me know. THere are none listed on the memory list on gigabytes website. They did not even have a memory list posted Wednesday when I ordered the mb. I may just have to go 4x1 if ATX gets his working.

Also, I am running the F2 bios, any thoughts on the newer one helping me. I hate to flash if it won't make a difference.

You can and possibly will need to also set the rest of the timings with the 512's in which will be fine too, and then save and shut down and put in the other ram.
    I presume you are referring to the 4-4-4-12 settings?

Should I change anything more on the advanced settings?

Well that could be, but they way you said it (Which is probably the reality of it all) sounded as if one stick is dead or at least dying

2x2 works fine they just do not ever update their lists, get some 2x2 Mushkins or GSkills

Well there is always fixes other then the main ones they show on the BIOS update page included in BIOS updates, but I am not sure if you need a bios fix more then you just need better ram or at least fully working ram.

But I can tell you if you are looking to get some 2x2 and have not made your mind up yet, Mushkins and Gskills are FULLY compatible

Yes, I would go ahead and set the subtimings, and put the main on 5-5-5-15 just incase 4-4-4 is too tight for those 512's. but I dont think it matters all that much because you are setting them and shutting down anyway

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post at the end of page 1.

Thanks so much.

Yeah! We were both posting and the page was switching on me as well while I posted! HAHA Good luck, I am leaving but will be back tonight if you need further help

... But I can tell you if you are looking to get some 2x2 and have not made your mind up yet, Mushkins and Gskills are FULLY compatible
    Which of these would you recommend?

Mushkin

Gskill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information