Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3L Processor Voltage Problem

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3L Processor Voltage Problem

Hi thanks for the tip I sent a complaint to Gigabyte as you suggested, hope it does something!

You can go back after a day or 2 (weekends not included) and type in the e-mail you used in the lower block and it will check the status as to if they replied yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    First off i couldn't get this board to raise the voltage on the processor unless i reset the cmos, you could set whatever voltage you wanted but the bios wouldn't raise it, to make sure i just wasn't seeing vdroop i upped it a pretty good amount and checked it with cpu-z to confirm not changing, resetting the cmos fixed it.

BUT now whenever my system is shutdown for an extended period of time (like overnight) the bios sets the voltage back to default for the processor installed, which in my case means the system will reboot and lower my overclock. If i reset the cmos again i can then set the bios back up and reboot to my hearts content and even shut the system off for like 2 hours and it remembers, but if it's a long period of time then it gets set back to default.
    NOTE your words: ...the system will reboot and lower my overclock... IMO, this is the problem... your OVERCLOCK is UNstable from a cold boot. I found this MB will automatically reset my bios changes as long as I used one single overclock UNstable setting. At first, I was very frustrated having this reboot & reset the bios automatically. Once I realized it would keep doing this UNTIL I creeped-up the overclock slowly I was able to get a good overclock that "holds" the bios settings. This board is very sensitive to this issue, so you can only overclock it by this method. ...or it will keep resetting the bios automatically. I have an e7200 CPU at 1.325 volts with 8gigs of memory at default voltage 1.9 volts at PC1000 and 3.8Ghz overclock 400 x 9.5. This MB rocks if you can creep-up to the correct settings, but if you want the ultimate tweak ability I would suggest a more expensive MB board like a DFI P35 Lanparty -not Blood Iron. I'm going to use the DFI Lanparty P35 for my Q9450 CPU... because I want to tweak that baby perfectly into its perfect overclock zone with more precision. You get what you pay for... that DFI is $50-60 bucks more to do that, but that higher end CPU needs better tweaking than this board offers, IMO.

What that line means as it says in entirety is that because the bios doesn't retain the higher voltage on the processor the bios then must lower the fsb so the system can boot.

This problem is not related to overclocking in any way, i have 2 of these boards purchased the first week in may off of newegg and did a test several days ago on both, NOT overclocking them at all, just raised the voltage up on each then verified in windows using cpu-z and shutem off for the night, in the morning booted them up, they went right into windows with no problems where i checked the voltage using cpu-z, which confirmed on both systems the voltage was not retained.

On one overclocked system it did retain the voltage for 3 days (may 7, 8, 9) which made me think it was solved, then it reset on the 4rth an i was @#$%, just like the other gentlemen that posted here, for some it lasts longer but eventually it WILL reset on you again, guaranteed.

I'm beginning to think it's related to ambient temperture and the raw power needed during a cold boot as to why it remembered those 3 days as it was warmer.

And you don't need to go threw all that just to overclock, it's pretty straight forward, i've been overclocking for 2 decades-only one i couldn't overclock was the P90, i usually prefer MSI or ECS but saw the giga with 45nm for much cheaper, like you said u get what u pay for (oh an no nasty vdroop on their boards), but with 3 bios revisions this issue should have been caught much sooner and is inexcusable.

And yes this is a great board, only one issue for them to solve, which i may add their original P35-ds3l had in revision F5 (google is your friend).

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post

This problem is not related to overclocking in any way, i have 2 of these boards purchased the first week in may off of newegg and did a test several days ago on both, NOT overclocking them at all, just raised the voltage up on each then verified in windows using cpu-z and shutem off for the night, in the morning booted them up, they went right into windows with no problems where i checked the voltage using cpu-z, which confirmed on both systems the voltage was not retained.

On one overclocked system it did retain the voltage for 3 days (may 7, 8, 9) which made me think it was solved, then it reset on the 4rth an i was @#$%, just like the other gentlemen that posted here, for some it lasts longer but eventually it WILL reset on you again, guaranteed.
    Check my post today here:

• GA-EP35-DS3L Not Holding CPU Clock Settings in BIOS ???

• This may be a related problem???
    • Did you write/mean that there was a similar problem in the previous version MB???
    • If so, then you are certainly entitled to be miffed for this issue not being resolved yet!
    • I may rma the board if I see more issues, unless there is a BIOS fix in the works??? Do you think this is just happening with some of these boards, or is this a design defect in every board?
    • Thanks for your updates!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If it is not retaining your settings after ANY amount of days or tests it is NOT STABLE. No matter what you think.

Stable overclocks stay, period as stated above. Unstable ones can reset any number of places..... Cold reboots, 5 days later, 42 days later, one reboot later. A reset means one of two things, something is failing (Likely ram) causing your settings you Thought to be stable to be unstable, or they are just not stable to begin with as you think to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    If it is not retaining your settings after ANY amount of days or tests it is NOT STABLE. No matter what you think.

Stable overclocks stay, period as stated above. Unstable ones can reset any number of places..... Cold reboots, 5 days later, 42 days later, one reboot later. A reset means one of two things, something is failing (Likely ram) causing your settings you Thought to be stable to be unstable, or they are just not stable to begin with as you think to begin with
    Could it also be a problem with the MB considering the system works after clearing CMOS and resetting the overclock? It then "holds" these settings, but only if CMOS was cleared. That seems "buggie" ? ... don't clear CMOS & it won't take old settings that worked before... but clear CMOS & use old settings... then it "holds" and works with same old settings again.

So, why should CMOS have to be cleared to get it to work again??? Isn't this an indication of a probable "buggie" bios or MB? Clear CMOS and it works with same settings that will not work if CMOS is not cleared???

This "reset issue" seems to be happening with many users of this board using google searches.

I agree it could be any number of variables causing instability, but why should the bios CMOS have to be cleared to use settings that once worked fine?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes it is a issue you will find in google because tons of users by boards that have no clue on how to setup a bios and make it stable.

Clear CMOS is likely helping again because your settings are not fully stable

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes it is a issue you will find in google because tons of users by boards that have no clue on how to setup a bios and make it stable.

Clear CMOS is likely helping again because your settings are not fully stable
    Didn't you read my last post about them both a stock with only voltage increased and it didn't hold, this is NOT related to overclocking in any way, something in the cmos is screwing up, and for the record every other board i owned i NEVER had to clear the cmos just to raise the vcore - that in itself makes no sence, if they coded it that way well thats just not needed, they could just hide it like they do the other options and put a flashing warning or something when activated.

I'm gonna wait a month, if no bios update i'm just gonna trashem or sellem to a family member, they should be fine for a non overclocking system and go back to msi since their boards never gave me any problems whatsoever, i just don't need this nonsence.

I'm done and out

I found this forum while looking for a solution.

I just got a GA-EP35-DS3L. At default speeds, the VCore will not save. It has nothing to do with overclocking. The BIOS is simply ignoring VCore.

With my friend's GA-P35-DS3L board (non "E"), it runs stable overclocked with the VCore bumped. The same hardware (CPU, Arctic Cooler 7 Pro, etc) that runs rock-solid stable on other hardware can NOT run correctly on the GA-EP35-DS3L because of the VCore issue. It stays at the CPU's default and will not change for me.

It doesn't matter if the system is overclocked or at factory defaults for me. The VCore will not "stick".
    Since the system is running at stock speeds and the VCore still will not adjust (up or down), it doesn't seem to have anything to do with overclocking.

If I can find out that this is a BIOS issue and that a fix is coming, I will keep the board. Otherwise, I will RMA it. The manual mentions VCore control, the BIOS lists VCore control, but as of right now, me and MANY other people can NOT control VCore *at all*.

I got multiple BSODs in Windows before I realized that my VCore was not sticking. The overclocked speeds were staying just fine, but the VCore wouldn't budge.
    And yes, I went through the BIOS and turned off the usual stuff that prevents overclocking, and I didn't install the included software in Windows that prevents overclocking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information