Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3L Processor Voltage Problem

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3L Processor Voltage Problem

Same here, just bought the ep35ds3l and at default speeds, the VCore will not save for more than a few hours. The BIOS is ignoring VCore.

I had a similar vCore problem happen on my EP35-DS3R after switching from BIOS F2 to F3e. It wouldn't change the vCore from stock no matter what I set it to. I cleared the CMOS, but that didn't help. When I flashed back to F2 it worked again.

Ok, after resetting my CMOS (via jumper), changing the VCore actually saved. The VCore has saved even after powering down.

I was going nuts trying to get this thing to work, luckily, things seem to be working for me now. Once VCore adjustments "stuck", I was able to push my system as fast as I wanted.

Should we list the settings we have enabled/disabled? I don't know if they have any impact on VCore sticking.

- Reset CMOS (pull the battery or use a jumper).
    - "Load Optimized Defaults"
    - CPU Enhanced Half (C1E), 'Disabled'
    - CPU EIST Function, 'Disabled'
    - C.I.A.2, 'Disabled'
    - Performance Enhance, 'Standard'

I believe everything else was at default. I was able to bump my 1.2875 VCore to 1.3xxx, 1.4xxx, etc.
    Last edited by Xenomorph; 06-02-2008 at 05:11 AM.

Today when I rebooted, the system powered down and then back up - and the BIOS settings were back at Default!!!

VCore was back down to 1.2875v again.

The "CPU EIST Function" was also gone from the BIOS setup (regular and Ctrl+F1 view). I reset the CMOS via jumper again, and it was still gone.

I went to "Load Optimized Defaults", and after rebooting EIST was back again. I have no idea why it would disappear after resetting the CMOS, but then coming back after loading Optimize Defaults.

This BIOS is messed up.

Anyway, I'm back at 1.4v. At least I know I can recover quickly when the VCore/settings get messed up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Today when I rebooted, the system powered down and then back up - and the BIOS settings were back at Default!!!

VCore was back down to 1.2875v again.

The "CPU EIST Function" was also gone from the BIOS setup (regular and Ctrl+F1 view). I reset the CMOS via jumper again, and it was still gone.

This BIOS is messed up.
    Yes, that happened with the F3e BIOS on my DS3R too. That's when it stopped setting the vCore. When I noticed EIST was gone I decided to flash back to the old BIOS. Didn't even have to reset anything. The updates Gigabyte did to the recent BIOSes have something screwed up, I hope they fix it because the old BIOS gives me double-boots with overclocks over 3.6GHz.

It lives, no it wasn't imaginary, no i'm not insane!

Yea i'm being a smart #$%, but i think gigabyte owes me atleaste that much after the way i was treated over this imaginary issue.

My vcore resets too :(

If reset the bois and try to change the bios vcore its hit or miss if it changes vcore. If i do get it to change it resets if i turn the computer off for even 5 hours. help guys my e4300 wont make it past 2.97 with the boards "normal" vcore of 1.298. If i set it at 1.36 i can go to 3.4ghz.

Registered just to convey this delicious little morsel of information:

Beta Bios F5c: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Not "officially" released by Gigabyte. Flashed it up and I'm now running my E8400 overclocked several days now at 4.3ghz so suffice it to say it's working. Speedfan/CPU-Z both show an increase in the BIOS voltage and it is saving. As with all Gigabyte BIOS make sure you restore Optimized Defaults after flashing.

You're welcome

dear god i hope that helps. Ill try it when i get home. If it does Ill buy the memory to go higher. What system and cooling specs you got to go to 4.3ghz!

...and here is another same problem, but with an EP35-DS3. Vcore did save at above default speeds initially but after a night being powered down it will only boot with default vcore no matter what vcore is selected within the bios

Has anyone tried the beta bios listed above with any success in allieviating this problem?

And GB rep - when can we expect a fix for this obvoiusly known issue?

[edit] I should note that I'm currently using bios F3d but had similar issues with F3b
    Last edited by guardian452; 06-27-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information