Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Strange GA P35C DS3R problem

Default Strange GA P35C DS3R problem

Hy

I just bought my new desktop with P35C-DSR3 MO.

After installing WIN XP, and installing my graphic card (GT8800) direct X 10 drivers i started to install the drivers for MO, which came on CD with MO.

After few reboots (and few successful updates) i got a message to Reboot my PC (which was strange,because it came in a message box from IE, which i didn't use at all). This was happened in the middle of update. I don't know which part it was. Audio i think, but I'm not sure.

After i rebooted i got to the part where it said that your windows did not shut down properly so you can choose Normal, Safe mode (you know that right)
    Problem is that I can't choose anything (my keyboard is not responding), after the timer goes to zero XP start to boot, i got blue screen (to fast to see what it says) and it reboots.

I can't boot from CD, because after post i can't use my keyboard to "press any key to boot from CD", so in the end no mater what i do in the setup i always end up at that normal Safe mode choice and can't do anything.

Do i have to flash the BIOS, is this XP problem or MO, i just don't know. If i don't get some answers here i'll go to service.
    Thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Strange GA P35C DS3R problem

Sounds as if one of the drivers was corrupt or not compatible with something, at least you are just doing a fresh install! Easy to fix, run the Install CD again and delete that partition and reinstall XP, then this time around install the intel .inf Chipset installer first from here >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Then you can either install each driver update separately from GA site (be sure to pick your motherboard Revision # at the top, this is 2.1 page)>>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.1)
    or windows updates by choosing custom, then only pick one driver each time. Or manually do the same by using device manager to install each update one by one letting it search the web

This would be the smoothest way to see which of the drivers is causing the failure, then you could just pop the CD back in and do a repair install which would remove all the drivers and then you could leave that one out this time around until We find why it is doing that

Well it's not that easy.

I was planing to do that for the start.
    The thing is that i can't boot from CD because my keyboard is not responding, so even if i put in setup to boot from cd i cant do anything because i have to press a key to boot from cd.
    It responds in the setup phase, but after DMI pool reading it's dead

After time runs out i get back on that Safe normall thing, and after timer runs put im back in reboot

UPDATE:
    found the problem, i had to enable USB keyboard, and now i can acess the setup.

You can lock the topic
    Last edited by pisc99; 05-22-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh no need for a lock, others may have this issue down the road.

Ya I was about to ask if you had that enabled, or suggest to boot from cd before the DMI message loads via F12

Good luck with it all, and feel free to post back if you have anymore issues

Thread Information