Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Any new P35 based boards in the future?

Default Any new P35 based boards in the future?

Does anyone know if Gigabyte will be launching any new P35 based MBs in the future? If not, when will the GA-P35-DS3L be EOL?

TIA

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Any new P35 based boards in the future?

Saw this link in another forum so I figured I would pass it on:
    Intel P35 will be EOLed in Dec - Expreview.com

Looks like December at the latest. Gigabyte may decide before then however.
    EP35 DS3P (F4 bios), Q6600 @3.0GHZ, Zalman 9700, 4GB Mushkin 6400 EP, Corsair 620HX, Antec Nine Hundred (2 intake front, rear and top exhaust), Sapphire HD4870 512MB, 2X Raptor 150GB RAID 0, Xonar DX, 2X DVD Drives, Dual Boot XP Home and Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Ahh, nice to know.

I am looking forward to P45, but 1366 and 1160 socket will likely be replaced soon after so I may hold off

Thank you for all the info. I went and Googled around a bit to get more info on the Intel CPU roadmap, chipsets and so forth.

If I understand correctly, the current Intel "Wolfdale" CPUs will be the last LGA775 based CPUs. The "Nehalem" range will move to LGA1366/1160. The current P35 chipset will be replaced by the P45 chipset. I can't seem to find info on which chipset will be the last to support "Wolfdale"-only CPUs.

My question now is, if I want to upgrade before the LGA1366/1160 range, should I wait for the P45 based MBs, or should I go for the P35 now? My other concern is that I only have DDRII-800 RAM, which is brand new, and I would like to re-use it on my new MB (DDRIII is just to expensive right now).

TIA

Na that is not true either, some are about to be phased out in Q3 for newer ones already >>

The performance-level Core 2 Quad Q9650 with a core frequency of 3GHz will launch priced at US$530 in thousand-unit tray quantities, while the Core 2 Quad Q9550 will drop around 40% from its original price of US$530 to US$316.

The Core 2 Quad 9450, currently priced at US$316, will be phased out of the market to be replaced by the Core 2 Quad 9400 at 2.66GHz and a price of US$266.

The Core 2 Quad Q9300 and Q6700 will both be phased out at the same time too, leaving the Q6600 as the only 65nm quad-core CPU left in Intel's lineup, and which will drop from US$224 to US$203.

Source
    Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

As for waiting for P45 or not, I dunno. It does look very nice, But I have not heard how long that wait would be

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    More P45 posted today here at TweakTown
    Intel P45 Preview GIGABYTE DS3R + DQ6 :: TweakTown
    Busy reading it now :-)

Here is another one: Gigabyte officially announce P45 boards

The link to the press release makes for some good reading :-) Unfortunately, no new info yet on the Gigabyte website

Thread Information