Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35 key board/usb issues

Default Re: GA-P35 key board/usb issues

Just threw in the other ram, got to bios, selecfted basic bios features......messed with date a little and bam another lock up.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6750 - Retail

How do i go about updating the BIOS if it locks up every time I try to start it...

And how do i know which bios version i have? I know its a revision 2 board.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well you should be fine with that BIOS since you haev a older 65nm CPU, I just wasnt sure if you had a new 45nm one since you only said the speed.

GO in and load optimized defaults, save and apply/reboot (F10) Then go back in and set the ram voltage and see if that helps any

And you never said did you, do you have a external device plugged in?

It will say the BIOS version on the black screen where it counts the ram, I think. You can also try hitting F1 on the main page of the BIOS I am not sure but that may say it as well

Ill go see on mine

Thanks for the effort

No external devices.

I'll try to get in long enough to load optimized features.

Also, I don't think I've seen the black screen that counts ram long enough to see - it dissapears fast and then goes to the screen where it lists some devices and their IRQs...then eventually it says "Boot from cd/dvd?" (If i don't press anything at the logo screen, this is what happens)

Yeah It is fast, give me 5 minutes and I will get in my BIOS and see where, if you can, see the version #

Uhg i got into my bios long enough to arrow over to "Load fail-safe defaults" and was ust about to arrow down to load optimized defaults when it stopped working

This is lame i don't get what the issue is

:/

Just hit enter on load optimized settings, asked me if i wanted to y/n and .... it stopped working.

Not that it matters, i bet even if i had been able to hit Y it still woulda locked up during the loading

This board has got to be screwed, this is horrible.

I'm going to drive down to the gas station and grab some stuff, and ill try again when I get back, maybe it'll be better after being off for 15 or so minutes.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 05-24-2008 at 01:26 PM.

OK, F9 on the main page of the BIOS will show you the BIOS version.

What PSU do you have? Just wondering if it has enough for your card is all

Please post your hard drive model and brand as well as size. Also tell me where you have your hard drive plugged into yellow or orange?

The default settings should work for either purple or yellow ports for SATA drives in a NON RAID setup, so your install should be fine. You can try it again, or...

You can Qflash via USB or floppy to a newer BIOS version, after the flash you will need to go in and do the same load optimized, save and apply/reboot then make changes on next boot if you need to.

BIOS download for GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2.0 (There is a few updates that fixed keyboard issues, so maybe you have a older BIOS that is causing this USB or PS2 keyboard issue, and could also be causing the other issues)>>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)

I would say go ahead and put in your other sticks for now, and set the ram voltage in MIT to 2.1 (+0.3) AUTO is likely not giving them enough and could be the cause of your issue. But I dunno since you said windows install was stuck for some time

Set the voltages and then Flash the BIOS if you want to, as you know BIOS flash is risky and can kill your board. I would make sure before doing so that you can load Qflash and it stays running for several minutes before doing the flash (Just to be sure you are not going to have the same shutdown issue in Qflash) Because if you do, DO NOT try to flash it if it is going to shut down on you midflash or you will have to RMA FOR SURE.

So again, be sure Qflash will stay running for a while before doing a flash, if it is ok then you should be fine to flash via Floppy or USB formatted to FAT32(Sometimes you need to actually format the stick again yourself and then put the BIOS file on there)

The only file you need on either USB or floppy is the File inside the zip file called GA-P35-XXX.FXX Where the XX are just anything, and the FXX would be the end of the file name or file extension and it will be a BIOS version # such as F7 or F12

I don't see how much of that is going to help me when everything stops responding about about 30-45 seconds :/

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10000 RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply - Retail

The hard drive is on the top slot of the mobo labeled SATAII0

All 4 "Slots" are orange/yellow so I don't really understand what you are asking about that.

Something weird just happened in BIOS, i was able to load optimized defaults, the keyboard is still letting me key up and down/left right but every 3 or 4 seconds it lags up a second and keeps the option that it lagged up on highlighted even tho i arrow up from it. Right now I have load fail safe defaults, load optimized dedfaults, power management setup and exit without saving all "High lighted" some how >.>

Anyway, after I loaded optimized defaults i tried to save and exit set up via f10 and now its locked up again.

K, your PSU should be fine

Sorry about the confusion of ports and such, I see you do not have the GA/Jmicron Purple ports on your board so sorry there.

That disk may need to be formatted by the WD lifeguard tool in another system or in DOS before using it, not sure. If it still freezes on you during trying to install then it DOES need formated and set active by the tool >>>>

CD (ISO)
    Downloads

Floppy
    Downloads

Here is a guide for first installing a new disk
    http://www.wdc.com/en/library/sata/2779-001006.pdf

Here is the windows version, incase you have another computer, you could drop the disk in and install the windows version and set the disk up for system first time use
    Downloads

You could/should try a new BIOS first if you do have a old one, that could just simply be the issue.

Are you SURE that drive works? And was not DOA? I see some DOA's on the reviews, have you tested it in another system?

I have not tested it in another machine, but I'm under the impression that if a HDD was DoA it wouldn't let the computer boot up at all.

Alright, after I let it sit for a good 15 minutes i was able to get into the bios and select optimzed defaults and save and exit without freezing up - it rebooted my comp and now my monitor is reporting a "Input signal out of range" error which i have never seen before

After a restart that error is gone and now im just trying to get it to allow me to try to boot from cd again.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 05-24-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information