Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35 key board/usb issues

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35 key board/usb issues

Likely not if it did not reboot for you when you hit F10

So it acts the same with the old ram you have, and that Corsiar as well? Is that GFX card new or old? If old was it yours or ebay/used purchase? Just wondering if maybe it is freezing up on you? Same goes for PSU. Do you have old of either to try?

You should not be having these issues I agree!!! Try unplugging the hard drive and boot back into the bios and see if all is well then. I would also suggest putting in the old ram for this test, and have ONLY the GFX card connected, NO OTHER OPTICAL or Hard drives or PCU cards. Just On stick of ram in slot one, and GFX card. Just trying to see about eliminating some things.

Did you ever test it on a different PC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Likely not if it did not reboot for you when you hit F10

So it acts the same with the old ram you have, and that Corsiar as well? Is that GFX card new or old? If old was it yours or ebay/used purchase? Just wondering if maybe it is freezing up on you? Same goes for PSU. Do you have old of either to try?

You should not be having these issues I agree!!! Try unplugging the hard drive and boot back into the bios and see if all is well then. I would also suggest putting in the old ram for this test, and have ONLY the GFX card connected, NO OTHER OPTICAL or Hard drives or PCU cards. Just On stick of ram in slot one, and GFX card. Just trying to see about eliminating some things.

Did you ever test it on a different PC yet?
    I'll test it on a diff pc tomorrow when i wake up if it isn't resolved tonight. Going to try unplugging hard drive now, thanks.

Alright well i unplugtged the hard drive, which left only the GFX card connected. Seemed to be going strong but then it locked up in BIOS again.

EVerything is new except the graphics card, which is a 6800 GT BFG and it DOES have problems, Ever since I got it (it was sent from BFG As a replacement for my first faulty 6800GT) it requires me to either A) Restart the computer multiple times before the monitor detects its plugged into the computer or B) Cut the power to the PSU for 4-5 minutes before trying to boot up, which makes it boot up every time. And I purchased it with my Alienware computer 4-5 years ago, so I'm the original owner.l

Next week I order my 8800 GT BFG but I was just trying to get the comp up for the week.

So, since unplugging the hard drive disk didn't solve the locking up issue in the BIOS, is it safe to assume that that isn't my problem?

Looks like GFX card is a strong suspect...When i booted it up i hit f12 to go into boot choice mode, and the screen was mostly black, but when i arrowed down it showed me HARD DISK, then when i arrowed down again it showed FLOPPY DRIVE and then again and it showed CD ROM

Looks like something is weird about the GFX not working with this new pc but working fine with my alienware after booting up.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 05-24-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Yeah, but that does not mean the drive is still not DOA, but makes it less likely for sure. It would probably also still need setup as I mentioned previously.

Have you since all of this tried installing windows again?

I could be the GFX card since you say it has issues, but not so sure about that either.

What brand is that older ram you are trying or had tried? Could just be that both are incompatible

I am getting out of here for the night. See you tomorrow

Good luck with everything until then, get ya some sleep!!

I have no idea what brand of ram it is, says nothing on the sticks and my other PC is unusable atm so i can't test it to see....and this my laptop im posting on.

And I've /tried/ to install windows again, but once I get to the part where I try to boot from cd, it stops responding again (keyboard wont work)

Okay, i was able to boot from cd, it inspected hard ware took like 5 seconds, then it went to windows setup, brought up a message that said "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver..." and....thats it. I waited a minute to see if anythign else wuold come up and it didnt, so i tried to pres f6 and it didn't work. Another damn problem with it not responding after a few seconds.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 05-25-2008 at 06:17 AM.

Well you dont need F6 unless you plan to do raid or ahci, so you should just let it go at that point, sometimes it takes 5-10 to get all going

Alright well I've let it go past that a couple times....setup says it loads a few items, looks like its going good, but eventually it "freezes" on something. At the moment it has frozen on "ACPI embedded controller driver"

Maybe I'm just not giving it enough time, but it flies through all the other files then I let it sit on this one for 2-3 minutes and it doesn't change.

Could it be an issue with my CPU overheating or something? Maybe its mis properly seated or maybe my zalman cooler isn't set up just right?

Well If your temps are hot then yes it could be needed to be redone, but as I said before the disk may be DOA, or need setup with the tools I linked you to on page one witha different PC. Or bootable CD/Floopy on that PC if you can

Does it stay running in the BIOS with the hard drive disconnected? If not then you are going to have to for sure at least do those two things, Test the disk in another system. Or actually just dont waste time doing that, and plug it in on a different PC. Then on that PC install the windows version of the tool I linked you to on page one. Then in that program choose setup new disk for first use, choose yes connected to system and choose whatever it says like for storage or for OS, choose OS

Here is where I linked the tools, you want the windows version to install and use to set your disk up for first use within a different PC with XP already installed
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/251936-post29.html

Well like I said before, even with the hard drive disconnected from the pc, it still freezes in the bios after 30-45 seconds. Theres literally no possible way that the hard drive is the cause for the problem its having right now. I'll worry a bout formatting the HDD correctly when it actually stays running.

I get my video card tomorrow or thursday so we'll see how it goes then. If nothing changes I'll give a call to gigabyte support and see what they say. Its got to be the motherboard.

Edit* Also checked the CPU temp real fast in the bios before it froze, temps were only 26C cpu, 25C case.

Could be both sets of your ram then, the good ones for sure have compatibility issues.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information