Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA790FX-DS5 rev1.0 strange problem with bios > F3

Unhappy GA-MA790FX-DS5 rev1.0 strange problem with bios > F3

Hi. This is my first post here.

I have a GA-MA790FX-DS5 revision 1.0 board. AMD Phenom 9600 quad-core processor, 3GB RAM, Windows XP SP3.

Well, after upgrading bios to anything greater than release F3 a strange "unknown pci device" or "audio device on UAA High definition bus" appears on hardware manager everytime Windows starts up. I have tried everything I know: upgrading all drivers (including Microsoft's UAA one) - disabling everything and redetecting but to no avail. That entry keeps appearing and no matter how hard you try, Windows never find a suitable driver for it. This is even happening when audio codec is disabled in bios (I am using a Creative SB Audigy right now). The only way of getting rid of this problem is downgrading bios again to release F3.

Do you have any ideas? I have even written an email to Gigabyte but they told me not to update bios (what an amazing answer).

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 rev1.0 strange problem with bios > F3

Are you going from F3 to a beta or what? You say problem with F3, then you say downgrade to F3, so I am confused.

Either way, when you Qflash you MUST load optimized defaults, save and Apply F10 and reboot, then go in and make your changes.

If you still have issues with a NON beta BIOS I would suggest you uninstall or just disable Microsoft UAA driver, since you have a card it is not needed right?

F3 bios is the only one that works. F5 and F6 releases display the issue.

Yes, problem dissapears when UAA driver is disabled, but why is detected in the first place if it isn't needed?.

Success!

I finally was able to fix it. I had to manually install three separated drivers, namely:

+ ATi HDMI Audio (this one seems to be the one was missing, who knows)
    + Realtek HD Audio
    + SB Audigy

Then I disabled onboard audio in bios and I now have my SB Audigy as only choice, even though ATi HDMI Audio is still listed under sound devices in hardware manager.

Now I can boot normally and I can also "look for hardware changes". Everything seems okay, no more yellow exclamation marks or the such.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thread Information