Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General RAM Question

Default Re: General RAM Question

Just so you know the stick in slot 3 is also C4. Though they don't seem to be a matched pair.

Both my C4 memory sticks read the same as your slot 3 but show the correct part number. CM2X1024-6400C4. They run at stock JEDEC standard 5-5-5-18, @ 1.872 volts at Performance Level 6. Because of the Performance Level 6 I am hesitant to push them to their maximum performance and lose a bit of total memory performance.

BTW let us know how your seller responds to a refund or exchange when they sold you C5 memory and you actually have C4. :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Who are you talking to?

The OP has one CAS4 and one CAS5 stick according to his post of SPD info, and yeah that is what I told him they stuck in mismatched sticks or something, either way the sticks do not match.

It would be nice if he would take them out and have a look at the heatspreaders, because if they match then the SPD programming is wrong, or the reseller is trying to screw him over by using a heatspreader on a cheaper stick

Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Just so you know the stick in slot 3 is also C4. Though they don't seem to be a matched pair.

Both my C4 memory sticks read the same as your slot 3 but show the correct part number. CM2X1024-6400C4. They run at stock JEDEC standard 5-5-5-18, @ 1.872 volts at Performance Level 6. Because of the Performance Level 6 I am hesitant to push them to their maximum performance and lose a bit of total memory performance.

BTW let us know how your seller responds to a refund or exchange when they sold you C5 memory and you actually have C4. :)

Well dude my memory actually says 2 different things, one chip says 6400C4 and the other says 6400... So meh... Im gonna take them out in the next day or so and just look over them etc. But ive got my new G.Skill RAM comming in the next week or so which will be sweet.

Since the new RAM im getting will need a 2.0v-2.1v setting i can just change the timing in BIOS to 4-4-4-12 and then the voltage to 2.0v or 2.1v and it should all work fine or will i need to tweak anything else to run stable..??

Yeah, looks as if you got screwed if you were supposed to have bought a matching set, or got a matching set when you bought the PC.

Yes about the voltages and timings you asked. If it is a 2x2 or 41 set you ordered you will need some other changes as well

Its a 2x2gig set :) cheers for your help so far btw!!

So what else will need some tweakage..??
    Antec 900 Case/1000W Amacrox PS, Intel Q9300, Leadtek 512mb 8800GT, Gigabyte P35-DS3 MB, Razer AC-1 SC with Medusa 5.1 headphones, New RAM coming soon..(4 gig G.Skill 6400/800 4-4-4-12), Samsung 2253BW, Razer Deathadder on QcK Steel.

Anytime man, I try to help when I can

Ohh for 2x2 you will need to make a few minor changes to some subtimings, once you get them in or the day before let me know and I will post some settings for you to start with

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Who are you talking to?

The OP has one CAS4 and one CAS5 stick according to his post of SPD info, and yeah that is what I told him they stuck in mismatched sticks or something, either way the sticks do not match.

It would be nice if he would take them out and have a look at the heatspreaders, because if they match then the SPD programming is wrong, or the reseller is trying to screw him over by using a heatspreader on a cheaper stick
    To the thread in general. If you re-read what I said my Corsair C4 memory reads out the same as his stick number 3 but mine does read the correct part number.

Last edited by Merman; 06-01-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Hmmm yeah mine has 2 diff part numbers..... Ugh!

Lsd my new ram will be here either tomoz or the next so if u can post up some settings i shud use for 2x2gig ram that would be sweet. Cheers :) I wont have to OC my cpu etc..?? just change some timings and voltage....
    Antec 900 Case/1000W Amacrox PS, Intel Q9300, Leadtek 512mb 8800GT, Gigabyte P35-DS3 MB, Razer AC-1 SC with Medusa 5.1 headphones, New RAM coming soon..(4 gig G.Skill 6400/800 4-4-4-12), Samsung 2253BW, Razer Deathadder on QcK Steel.

Well I need to know what you plan to run your CPU at and then I can But in general for 2x2 sticks you will need this for sure >>>

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-4 or 9-11 (Use 9-11 First, May need 15-18 but not likely)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________3-5
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________52-62 (You may be able to use lower, but try later)
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31 << Leave on Auto or 1-31 or Zero

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] << For stability
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] << For stability
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V - +0.125/0.150V]

Well i dont plan on ocing the cpu for wear and tear reasons, i just wanted to know some good tweaks for the ram :) so it can run stable etc.

Cheers! :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information