Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Default Re: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

many thanks for your help. its greatfully appreciated.
    its now working great. i am gonna keep looking for the ceiling on my e2180 i am 3.4ghz stable with better cooling i reckon i can go further.im running the ram 1.1 at the moment and am trying to push over 3.4 ghz

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So I've been having issues as well. I've had the issues since Christmas of 2007 and finally got tired enough of them that I started browsing forums. I found this solution and decided to give it a whirl.

I formatted my computer and installed chipset drivers, then I installed LAN drivers for my GA-P35-DS3L v2.0. Then I downloaded and installed the HD Audio Codec from RealTek (R2.06). It automatically installed the kb888111 patch. Right before the driver finished installing, the Found New Hardware wizard emerged. I just let it sit there and let the R2.06 driver finish installing. When it asked me to restart, I did. When I loaded back up into windows, I got that pesky Found New Hardware pop-up. Device Manager showed that I had one Unknown Device (whereas I had two before installing R2.06). I restarted and booted into safe mode and uninstalled all Microsoft UAA bus driver entries. Then I reinstalled R2.06 driver, and this time, no Found New Hardware demon! I restarted and booted back into safe mode to see if the pesky Microsoft UAA drivers were still gone, and they were. Then I rebooted again, this time into normal mode, and after a few moments, back comes the evil Found New Hardware wizard! Device Manager shows one unknown device. I had sound upon the last boot-up, but i still have this unknown device (I know its something audio). I created a restore point and allowed the Found New Hardware to finish its heinous deed. It identifies the device as an Audio Driver for UAA HD Audio, or something like that. The driver it finds for the device is an ATI UAA HD driver. ATI?! WTF! Whats going on? I'd prefer to have this device installed so I dont get the annoying Found New Hardware wizard everytime i turn on my computer. Any help would be awesome!
    Last edited by Mervil; 10-12-2008 at 09:21 AM.

4. Default Re: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

I don't know. It's kinda dumbfounding when I read about the plethora of problems people are having with their systems, software wise.

There is one key element that does keep popping up, though, that sort of sheds some light on the mystery(for me).

Formatting: just formatting a drive each and every time to do a fresh install of an OS, to me, is not a good thing. When a drive gets formatted, all that is really happening (in the simplest terms) is that the filing system and the master boot records get reconfigured and the old data is tucked away some place in a highly compressed and hidden directory. After a handfull of times just formatting, these "hidden" directories build up and can clutter up drives.

It has always been a personal practice of mine to "start from scratch" whereas I erase the drive completely(a.k.a. write zeros to the entire drive) which basically returns the drive to a "new" state (raw). Then I format, shut the system down, turn the PSU off, wait a minute or 2 to let the memory drain, and then install the OS.

I use Western Digital HDD's almost exclusively when I build systems. I built a few with Seagate and Fujistu. All 3 of those manufacturers have DOS based software that can zero their respective drives. Both Western Digital and Seagate also have DOS based formatting software that is far superior than the formatting function that comes along with the installation of any Windows and/or Vista installation package. I have had to use fdisk on the Fujistu drives because I searched till I was blue in the face for formatting software for their drives.

I reckon I just prefer to install and/or reinstall an OS on a clean, then formatted drive. I often wondered, if people did the same thing I do, would they still have as many problems. Yeah, it may take awhile to do all that I prescribe, but that along with a good DOS based "cloning" application like Norton Ghost (2003 and prior is the best), Nero Image, etc... will save TONS of time and aggravation in the long run.
    Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-12-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    GA P35 DQ6 rev. 1.0, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2 Ascents, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2's DDR2-1066 PC2-8500, Intel Core 2 DUO E8600, 3.33Ghz with Gigabyte CPU Cooler, PNY GeForce 8800 GTS, Antec 900 Gaming Case and Antec True Power Trio 650w PSU, Hauppauge HVR 1600 TV Tuner, old Sony CD/RW that still kicks butt, Sony external DVD, Smart Card Reader, 4 Western Digital Caviar HDD's: 80Gb, 120Gb(usb,external, swap), 160Gb, 250Gb and 320Gb.

Running it all with Windows XP Pro SP3, Perry Mason and Della Street. Paul Drake's out on assignment. He's helping me locate 64-bit drivers for XP Pro x64 Edition that I'm working with now.

Open device manager, right click Yellow Icon, and choose Disable

Problem solved

Ya, I use KillDisk myself, with D.o.D erase, when I sell a drive. but for just a good low level format and clean I do use one full overwrite of one's then zero's

6. Default Re: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Yeah...the Norton SystemWorks 2003's Ghost version has what it calls gdisk which also does D.O.D. Wipe.

If I may digress, Norton SystemWorks 2003 was the best and last utility/AV suite. Later to current versions whether NSW, AV & Ghost separately, are really HORRIFIC. No more DOS based Ghost anymore, no costmized installs, way too many bells and whistles, etc....I don't know. Symantec really started going downhill after Peter Norton left. They just couldn't leave a good thing alone. Really sad. The last decent version of the Norton AV that I used was 2007. I was entitled to an upgrade to 2008. I tried it out...it really was awful. Enough was enough. I Let my subscription run dry and switched to NOD32

As for Ghost 2003, nothing beats taking a perfect snapshot of an OS while in DOS. These newer "cloning" apps that work through Windows...forget it. It's like trying to take a picture with a camera mounted on a 2 legged tripod. Too many things can go wrong whilst making an image of a live OS.
    Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-12-2008 at 03:36 PM.
    GA P35 DQ6 rev. 1.0, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2 Ascents, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2's DDR2-1066 PC2-8500, Intel Core 2 DUO E8600, 3.33Ghz with Gigabyte CPU Cooler, PNY GeForce 8800 GTS, Antec 900 Gaming Case and Antec True Power Trio 650w PSU, Hauppauge HVR 1600 TV Tuner, old Sony CD/RW that still kicks butt, Sony external DVD, Smart Card Reader, 4 Western Digital Caviar HDD's: 80Gb, 120Gb(usb,external, swap), 160Gb, 250Gb and 320Gb.

Running it all with Windows XP Pro SP3, Perry Mason and Della Street. Paul Drake's out on assignment. He's helping me locate 64-bit drivers for XP Pro x64 Edition that I'm working with now.

Ya, I love GHOST 2003, but I use only the 1.44MB floppy version all that is needed is 2 files. Hate that it does not work for SATA/RAID though

And I hate Norton really, but I do now use Save And Restore 2.0 for The same Ghost features, as I do not like the new ghost really.. Save and Restore 2.0 is The same, DOS based, but runs a 32bit GUI and allows may things to be done, The only thing I use it for though is To Ghost save and restore SATA/RAID Drives

Here is what the Interface looks like I Ghost my RAID Arrays with it now booting from the recovery CD. App does not have to be installed at all, and you can use it on a Clean Drive just like Ghost 03. You can even restore a RAID Image to a NON RAID Drive and Visa Versa. It uses the Vista Bootloader (I Guess they payed for this?) This is taken in Vmware on a XP install, booted from the ISO >>>

You just save a System backup (Ghost the drive) to a "Recovery Point" they now call it, and stick this on a Drive or DVD, then you can use that to Ghost that image to any drive you want. Same as 2003, only updated with more usless junk, works just as good though, better really since it will work with SATA/RAID

How did this become a thread for Norton Ghost and wiping hard drives? The problem with the drivers isn't because my hard drive has been formatted, because I can assure you that the drivers didn't work when my hard drive was brand new. So, please, LSDMEASAP, you seem to be very knowledgable about this issue. Can you think of anything else I might do to get the drivers installed correctly?

Sorry!

I thought you solved it, but I guess I missed your post between the OP's and ours. Please follow the original instructions I gave to him and you should be fine, as for the yellow Icon on the UUA device you can either test letting MS install a driver for that (As it does work for some) or just disable the device as you do not need it with RealTek drivers installed.

This is your issue >>>
    It automatically installed the kb888111 patch
    Please do all of this installing/uninstalling in safe mode as I suggest in your other thread >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/audi...35-ds3l-28099/

And if you still need further help, post in that one so I can keep things straight on what you have and have not done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information