Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Default UUA high def audio problem- in XP

I have been trying to get the azalia/microsoft high def audio driver to install in xpsp2 and its driving me mad i followed the guide on the giga support site and was still unable to get the driver to install. my board is the p31-ds3l. It kept finding an unknown device in dev manager and there were 2 uua high def audio lines in system devices. Any ideas? as im trying to stay clear of vista

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: UUA high def audio problem- in XP

Are you also installing the Realtek driver from the CD? If so that is why, you do not need the UA driver, not should you install it, go in safe mode and uninstall and delete them all and install only the Realtek driver

I have tried installing the realtek driver and then rebooted and new hardware wizard finds uua high def device as the uaa driver fails to install The realtek driver is supposed to install the azalia driver as part of its install process but doesnt.
    I followed the gigabyte process of uninstalling the devices and then reinstalling the driver.
    i tried this in safe mode as well...

see this link GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-EP35-DS4 (rev. 2.1) FAQ Service.

im beginning to lose patience with this board now...

Go in safe mode, Uninstall and DELETE the UUA driver and while still in safe mode install the realtek driver again, then reboot back into safe mode again and disable the UUA device/driver if you see it again.

The UUA driver is not needed at all, only realtek one, in BIOS put azalia on auto

i thought that the driver needed to be installed for high def audio codec

ok will try this. If i said anything bad about this board i was hasty...
    I have just gone 2hrs orthos stable 3.4ghz on arctic 7

Nice!

Ya, there is often users with These sound related issues, that is the best way to fix it. Here is a direct quote of where I first saw it posted

I spent quite a bit of time, approximately an hour if not an hour and a half attempting to read up and resolve the issue. A lot of people suggested that there was a fix from Microsoft, KB Article 888111 which has a patch (has to be requested) to fix it. Be advised, this patch did not fix the issue I believe, and it also comes with the patches from Realtek... browse your Gigabyte motherboard CD or your drivers, we found the patch in both locations.

Ultimately, I was able to find the fix online and it worked for me.

The Fix

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs, Remove ANY instance you see of Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver
    2. Click Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager.
    3. Search through here, and remove EVERY instance of the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver. Note: Could be under sound devices, or system devices also.
    4. I personally didn't have to restart, however you can if you want. After all instances of Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver are REMOVED, feel free to attempt to install your Realtek HD Audio Driver. We installed the latest one that we found from Gigabyte's website. The installation proceeded fine (never has before), and we restarted when suggested in doing so... sound worked right off the bat.
    Source
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Can't install audio driver, fix inside! - [H]ard|Forum

I have reinstalled the driver in the manner you described and it installed correctly for the first time. i used the updated driver from gigabyte and the latest chipset driver from intel

So... Still working all correct? If so, great! Glad I could be of some help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information