Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cant change cpu voltage?

Default Re: cant change cpu voltage?

Do you have loadline calibration disabled?
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well hmmm. I think that with that disabled or enabled it would be way less then that.

Only last thing I can suggest that has helped others is to reseat the CPU.

Or.... If you wanted you could try BIOS F2 and or F3, both Support your CPU and sometimes it is older BIOS's that work better for some people/boards. But, I personally would try the CPU reseating first but that is up to you, a RMA would take far longer then either sadly

Quote Originally Posted by HemiRick View Post
    Do you have loadline calibration disabled?
    i dont see this option anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well hmmm. I think that with that disabled or enabled it would be way less then that.

Only last thing I can suggest that has helped others is to reseat the CPU.

Or.... If you wanted you could try BIOS F2 and or F3, both Support your CPU and sometimes it is older BIOS's that work better for some people/boards. But, I personally would try the CPU reseating first but that is up to you, a RMA would take far longer then either sadly
    i reseated several times trying to get the temps down. i originally thought i had installed the heat sink improperly as this is my first socket 775 build (i truly hate the way it attaches). i replaced the TIM with arctic silver 5, which didnt seem to help (intel uses good TIM now?) i will try reseting the CMOS, and then the older bios after work tonight.

Too much paste is likely the issue. Less is better

Are you using stock the heatsink?

As for loadline, you can try hitting Control + F1 on the main page of the BIOS, the screen will then flash and then go into MIT. It should be down by voltage control, hey you do have that on manual right?

Anyhow if you do not see it after that your board/BIOS may not have it

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Too much paste is likely the issue. Less is better

Are you using stock the heatsink?

As for loadline, you can try hitting Control + F1 on the main page of the BIOS, the screen will then flash and then go into MIT. It should be down by voltage control, hey you do have that on manual right?

Anyhow if you do not see it after that your board/BIOS may not have it
    im 90% certain i didnt overdo the paste, but i will play with it again just to be sure. i have more arctic silver 5 than ill ever use.

yes to stock hs/fan, im about to order a high end one to minimize the heat where i can. i had no plans to overclock, so i didnt expect to need anything more than stock.

ctrl+f1 isnt showing the loadline option...it adds "deovervolt" options, but i see nothing about loadline..? i assume this is not normal.

and yes voltage control is on manual

im thinking about recording a video clip of me going through the bios and what im describing. maybe you can see if im doing something wrong that way. all i have is a crappy cell cam, so it wont be pretty, but should work regardless. however, ill have to do all of this later.

thanks

Well I am not sure if that is normal or not, some GA boards have loadline control some do not

Try this. This has worked for me twice to fix my stubborn GA-EP35-DS3L. The board may "forget" settings on you, so you may find yourself doing this more than once.

- Power off, Reset the CMOS (via jumper or pulling the battery). Power back on.
    - Go to BIOS setup, and load "Optimized Defaults". Save and quit.
    - After the reboot, go back to BIOS setup and disable "C1E" and "EIST". Change your VCore. Save and quit again.
    - After that reboot, go back to BIOS and check "PC Health Status" to see what your VCore is at. If it has changed from your default, then go ahead and set other BIOS options to your liking. Your board is now working correctly!

I've been able to change my VCore ONLY after jumping through the "reset your CMOS" hoops.

TM2 should be left on. This is a system fail-safe, and will not prevent you from changing VCore. I have it on right now, and my VCore is bumped from 1.2875 to 1.360 at the moment.
    CIA2 should already be Disabled by default. So you don't have to mess with that.
    "Legacy USB storage detect" shouldn't have anything to do with your VCore. I left mine on and can still adjust VCore just fine.

I've tried contacting Gigabyte about this, and they give me the impression that they haven't been able to reproduce this on their systems, so a fix may not be coming for a while.

When I first got the board, I could NOT get it to change from the default of 1.2875v for my CPU. It was only after I used a jumper to reset my CMOS was I able to change my VCore.
    Also, a few days after that, my BIOS settings seemed to reset themselves. When that happened, the "CPU EIST Function" disappeared from my BIOS setup screen. It was no longer listed on any screen (regular or the "Ctrl+F1" screen). It was only after I loaded "Optimized Defaults" and then saved and restarted did it show up again and allow me to disable it.

Your mileage may vary!

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i289.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid289.photobucket.com/albums/ll230/Darkngrim/0604080217.flv" height="361" width="448">

here it is, i know it looks bad, but you should be able to make out everything, even if you have to pause it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Try this. This has worked for me twice to fix my stubborn GA-EP35-DS3L. The board may "forget" settings on you, so you may find yourself doing this more than once.

- Power off, Reset the CMOS (via jumper or pulling the battery). Power back on.
    - Go to BIOS setup, and load "Optimized Defaults". Save and quit.
    - After the reboot, go back to BIOS setup and disable "C1E" and "EIST". Change your VCore. Save and quit again.
    - After that reboot, go back to BIOS and check "PC Health Status" to see what your VCore is at. If it has changed from your default, then go ahead and set other BIOS options to your liking. Your board is now working correctly!

I've been able to change my VCore ONLY after jumping through the "reset your CMOS" hoops.

TM2 should be left on. This is a system fail-safe, and will not prevent you from changing VCore. I have it on right now, and my VCore is bumped from 1.2875 to 1.360 at the moment.
    CIA2 should already be Disabled by default. So you don't have to mess with that.
    "Legacy USB storage detect" shouldn't have anything to do with your VCore. I left mine on and can still adjust VCore just fine.

I've tried contacting Gigabyte about this, and they give me the impression that they haven't been able to reproduce this on their systems, so a fix may not be coming for a while.

When I first got the board, I could NOT get it to change from the default of 1.2875v for my CPU. It was only after I used a jumper to reset my CMOS was I able to change my VCore.
    Also, a few days after that, my BIOS settings seemed to reset themselves. When that happened, the "CPU EIST Function" disappeared from my BIOS setup screen. It was no longer listed on any screen (regular or the "Ctrl+F1" screen). It was only after I loaded "Optimized Defaults" and then saved and restarted did it show up again and allow me to disable it.

Your mileage may vary!
    hmmmm, its not working..... . im really getting frustrated with this thing. it seems like its getting worse too, now and then i see it jump up to 1.25somethingv for a split second. its staying at 1.232v for the most part now, but when i first started this thread, it was only 1.2v

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information