Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: cant change cpu voltage?

Default Re: cant change cpu voltage?

im sending out emails, but it would be better if i could just upload it, anyone have any ideas for a place to upload them?

can anyone here host it? my isp is very strict about this, so i cant.
    Last edited by Warhead; 06-08-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Thumbs up Re: cant change cpu voltage?

Hi!

Thank you very much.

Bios F5C: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Thanks for the new bios guys! Just downloaded and can't wait to try it out! Have you noticed anything else different about other than the cpu voltage fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumper View Post
    Thanks for the new bios guys! Just downloaded and can't wait to try it out! Have you noticed anything else different about other than the cpu voltage fix?
    the main thing i noticed was the MIT menu is moved to the top, other than that, i really spent most of my time in there messing with the voltage. i think ive got everything where i want it, and im running stable, so im not going looking for problems, if you know what i mean. but i will move up to the public release when it arrives!

many thanks dA_vO for making the file available to everyone!

I just came here because a reviewer on Newegg mentioned a Beta BIOS fixing the issue.

thanks for all the info. I used the F5c bios above on my baord with an e7200 chip. currently running at 3.8ghz with voltage set to 1.3. Ran prime95 on it and it seems stable at 3.8ghz. I tried 4.0 and it booted and ran ok, but would not pass the prime95 test. So I will stick with 3.8ghz for now. Anyway it looks like the F5c solved my problems. I manually reset the cmos with the jumper, loaded the performance settings saved, then started messing with the overclocking.
    Couple questions, when I run cpu-z, it shows a varying voltage. Not the voltage that I set in the bios. Is this normal? Also my cpu core temps idle around 34c, and under load of prime95, go to ~60c is that within ok levels??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes voltages will vary from BIOS, to idle and load and depend on several changes you can change in the BIOS as well

Sounds like ok temps to me, what are you using to read them?

i run real temp to read the temps. I ran prime95 over night last night and woke to an error on one core. so I bumped the voltage up a couple notches. I don't recall exactly what i set it to, but it was more then 1.32 and lower then 1.35. ran prime95 for 20 mins and it was ok. max temp reached was 58c. have to run to work. will check my bios readings later today and post my full setting. See if I went wrong anywhere. (first time oc'ing )

Thanks for any help.

--pat

Hey guys, I contacted Gigabyte about the F5c BIOS for the GA-EP35-DS3L, and they said this:
    "There are no beta bios available for this board at this moment, we will check with our team for any availability"

Why does Gigabyte tell me they aren't aware of any VCore issue where there is a VCore issue, and then tell me there isn't a beta bios when people in this thread are talking about using a beta bios??

Yup, guess my imaginary problem from the beginning of may wasn't so imaginary after all now was it Gigabyte (I had some nasty sessions with tech support treating me like i was imagining it).

You won't get Giga to admit to anything ever, they most likely will put a update cpuid reasoning for the new release, but atleaste the problem is fixed, so now we all can enjoy our new systems.

Thx for sharing the beta bios guys, i also tried to get it from tech support but they say it doesn't exist.

Oh and voltages vary because there isnt a PLL (Phase Locked Loop) on this board, u usually only get a PLL on the more expensive boards; like one of my old Neo2-P 865PE Paltinums' which had one and sold for $220.00 bac in the day.

*Update*

Beta Bios works like a charm on both my boards, changing vcore and remembering a-ok, EIST doesn't dissapear anymore after changing cpu multi, no bugs found anywhere in the bios, they need to release this ASAP to the general public.
    Last edited by Mek; 06-11-2008 at 03:32 AM. Reason: *Update*

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information