Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 2x4GB RAM on EX38-DQ6?

Default 2x4GB RAM on EX38-DQ6?

Hello

Like many other gigabyte customers I'm having problem with running 4 DIMMs at 1066MHz. At the moment I'm running my 4x2GB @ 800MHz even though they are 1066.

After 2 weeks of waiting for a response from the official gigabyte support I'm turning to you guys. Will gigabyte in the near future release a fix or did I just throw away money?

I know people have said alot of mobos (not only gigabyte) have the problem of 4DIMMs but I just want to point out that the ASUS board my brother got(same RAM as me) is not having any problems at all. What was that in the news about some company accusing ASUS, gee I fail to remember which company it was...

Default Re: 2x4GB RAM on EX38-DQ6?

The topic has a typo in it. It should read 4x2GB, sorry about that.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 2x4GB RAM on EX38-DQ6?

Well 8GB is going to need some very Fine tuning. Please post your full specs and what you are trying as of now for settings in your MIT section and I will see if I can help ya out
    I can tell you now for sure you are going to need a fan on your NB with 8gb!

Thread Information