Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DS3L w/e8400 and 4GB OCZ 1066

Default Re: DS3L w/e8400 and 4GB OCZ 1066

Hello,

Thank you for your detailed reply. I have the P35 motherboard, btw. I'm using the latest BIOS for it (F8f). I will download memtest and burn a CD right away, then edit this post with the results added. I'll do it with the RAM at auto and its voltage at default first. Then, if it's all good, I'll do it at .1 extra then .2. I'll skip .3 as it's proven already to be "iffy".

I haven't had much time to read the sticky yet due to overtime at work, but I hope to get to it tomorrow. :)

Edit:
    I've run the 1st test for 10:48 hours and it passed without errors 17 times. That should do it, methinks. I'm starting the 2nd now, with a .1v increase, and it will run for about 8 hours if it doesn't stop automatically.

~Elrahc
    Last edited by Elrahc; 06-12-2008 at 10:11 PM.

The tests are all done now. The .1v and .2v failed, but they were done with auto timings so I don't know if that might have had something to do with it. I could use some help interpreting that.

~Elrahc

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would suggest not using a Beta BIOS if you do not have to when trying to find stability points. If you do have to then dont mind me

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I would suggest not using a Beta BIOS if you do not have to when trying to find stability points. If you do have to then dont mind me
    I hadn't thought of that. I'll try the latest stable non-beta version and repeat testing on .1v and .2v. Should I leave timings on auto when testing on voltage increases?

~Elrahc

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well it all depends on what you are testing at, and what you really want to run the ram at. I always suggest to not us Auto as sometimes it is WAY to much, and sometimes again way to little

Be sure you are using memtest86+ 2.01

Look up your ram if it is not written on the sticker, it could be 2.1V which would be +0.3

And if I had not said to you before, which I think I have) you need more MCH voltage to run 2x2 and you need a higher refresh to act delay 52-62, sometimes higher. If you want a full set of suggested timings from me let me know

Thanks for the information so far. I will read your stickied thread completely first and take it from there. :)

~Elrahc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information