Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Face Wizard Images

Unhappy Face Wizard Images

Can anyone please explain why some images work with gigabyte face wizard and some don't ???? I am using Paint shop to convert background images. I convert them all to 640x480 and reduce the colour depth to 8 Bit / 256 and save them as a .bmp file. All images have a file size of 308,278 but some work and some face wizard rejects and says "not enough space". Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Face Wizard Images

Hmmm that is strange since you say you are sure you are saving them all the same size/format. Are they maybe located in different locations on your hard drive when saved? Maybe the long address of the location is taken into account? I have seen some programs such as winrar have issues with long address locations.

If you want, you can PM me the images you are having a issue with and I will see if they work for me

I also have a problem with face wizard and my GA-N680SLI-DQ6. Face wizard was working great with BIOS F3 and F4 but since BIOS ver F4e I cannot combine/upload my image to the BIOS file no matter what. My Image is ~302k in bmp format, however, it is significantly smaller in pcx format or bmp with RLE compression (under 80k in both forms). Whenever I try to combine a BIOS file with the std bmp file I get a “not enough space” error. If I try the pcx or the compressed bmp file I get no error messages, the image seems to be loaded into BIOS, but nothing happens.

Here is a list of the BIOS files that I’ve tried with face wizard :

F3 official - ok
    F4 official - ok
    F4e beta - fail
    F4f beta - fail
    F5b beta - fail
    F5e beta - fail
    F5g beta - fail
    F5 official - fail
    F6b beta - fail

I‘ve used the exact same image with all of the aforementioned BIOS files and since it worked with the F3 and F4 I know that the image is not to blame. This is not a big loss but it would be great to know what’s going on.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Save image as JPEG or PNG first in a good app as 24 or 32 bit. Then open that same 24 or 32 bit PNG/Jpeg in MS paint and save as 256BMP. That should help you get started in making them work

Thread Information