Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35-DS3/Crucial Ballistix & BSODs

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3/Crucial Ballistix & BSODs

Currently posting from another machine... I went back to 1066, tried your suggested settings. When I saved the settings and rebooted, the system seemed to boot 3 times - nothing on the display but I heard the cpu fan stop and start again. Bit worried, but eventually it came up. Back into MIT page and it had reset DRAM Timing Selectable back to Auto. The settings I'd entered were still there, but it seems to be using the auto settings. i.e. memtest now shows 5-7-7-24, although I entered 5-5-5-15. Tried this twice now, same result - it won't let me use manual settings and if I select manual then when it reboots it restarts the cpu 3 times and then DRAM Timing selectable is back on Auto.
    Last edited by softwaredave; 06-18-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ok well the triple reboot means some setting was still not enough.

Did you try +0.2 MCH with the higher of my settings suggested yet?

Used these settings:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Disabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100] -> POST reset this to Auto
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.20]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]
    CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 9
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 3
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 42
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 15
    System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.225]

Where you gave ranges of settings, I used the lowest, coz basically I have no idea what they mean! Oh and by the way memtest has run through 4 times successfully, but I don't really have much confidence in that any more - see original posts...
    Last edited by softwaredave; 06-19-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Well WOW that post got messed up!

HAHA But anyhow, you should use the HIGHEST, Sorry I did not say that. Normally I do. Use the highest settings, then lower later ONE AT A TIME. Using all the lowest is the reason it failed FOR SURE. Some of those lower you may never get to use and be stable

So try again with all highest I listed and you will have MUCH better luck. Then later you can lower to improve bandwidth/speeds

Also DO NOT Set Static tRead Phase adjust, leave that on AUTO or Zero or 1-31. I say that because I see you used 15

Yeah, dunno what happened to all the line feeds!. Maybe it was coz I had NoScript active - allowed scripts and then it seemed ok. Anyway re Static tRead Phase adjust, I just chose a mid value - I'll put it on auto, use all the highest range values and see what happens.

Ya, you should have no issues with them at highest. The only reason for the ranges is when you have time you can lower one at a time and test after each move. If you move too many lower or more then one really you wont know what is causing the errors. SO always best to lower them on at a time. Of course when you get time as that is a kinda tedious thing to do.

The higher settings I gave you will not be the best/fastest you can use for 1066 but are the looser settings so you could for sure boot in and be stable

Ok, with those settings it accepted manual timings. Memtest reported 5-5-5-15 and I let it run through one full pass, no errors.
    So now I'm in Windows. CPUZ reports 5-5-5-15. System uptime 10 minutes and counting. And yes, I put a smiley in there.
    All I can do is wait and see. Thanks Lsdmeasap, if that indeed is your real name, I may owe you a beer. But you have to wait at least a week!

Dave

P.S. I may tweak values at another time, but to be honest, stability is the most important thing for me at the moment.

Ahh you will get there. Just have to find the sweet spot is all

You should make you some bios profiles F11 is save and F12 load from the BIOS main page. Then you can test which is better 800 or 1066 once you find the best 1066 timings.

With 1066 being on looser timings then 800 it may or may not be faster

As for the beer, I'll take two!

Oh dear. It's gone down again, after 3 days.
    Exactly the same thing happened as before: I simply rebooted, ran memtest and got a bunch of errors. Same as before, single bit errors at various locations. Powered down for a short period, same again. Powered down for a longer period - 30 seconds - and now the memory shows no errors.
    I can't continue with this. It looks like you recommend Mushkin, which isn't easy to find here in the UK, but I've found them here. Not cheap, but I have to get this going. Yes/No?

Mushkin Work GREAT with GA boards. I have them in several of my systems now, and have used them in plenty of my past ones. As well as several of my friends use and love them as well.

The link you gave is one of thier older models which use Micron D9 IC's so you will love them, they will overclock great and underclock even better if you want tighter timings.

How much is that in US $? Those seem to be ALL out of stock there, all 6 models they sell.

I would say, I have heard some of these EU places will ship to UK, so you will just have to find one close and see if they do >>>
    Where to Buy Mushkin

I will put in a question about it at mushkin forums and ask greg for you. Ill post back when he replies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information