Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-P35-DS3/Crucial Ballistix & BSODs

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3/Crucial Ballistix & BSODs

That works out at about US$ 100. I'm sure when I found them they weren't out of stock!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you look all thru ebay sales, US ones I mean? I see plenty of mushkins in the US ebay, and alot of those do ship worldwide. may be worth your time to shop that route. Greg has yet to answer me, I just bumped the thread

$99 ships worldwide Redlines >>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/4GB-2-x-2GB-Mush...QQcmdZViewItem

Question is what do you want to spend? Either way I'd say wait until I get a reply from Mushkin Greg
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-22-2008 at 07:08 PM.

At the moment I almost don't care what I have to spend, I just want a reliable system! $100 is probably ok - the Crucials cost me about $80.
    That ebay link looks good - the price I had was for 2 gig, this one's for 4 gig.
    I'll wait for Munchkin Gregs response.

Stock coming Tuesday....From Greg. He said it took him some looking to find them!

Same as you linked but only 32.86 exc. VAT (Whatever that means, probably you need to pay more then 32 aint it! )
    MUSHKIN HP2-6400 MEMORY MODULE - 2 X 1 GB DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 CL5 Wholesalers MUSHKIN HP2-6400 MEMORY MODULE - 2 X 1 GB DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 CL5 buying bulk traders exporters suppliers wholesale prices dropshipment

And I just noticed the site you linked earlier stock will be in on Tuesday as well, so whichever is cheaper of those two and ebay + Shipping would be your best bet

They have a Europe place, wonder why it is so hard to get out that way?

Unfortunately I can't buy from your link because I'm not a registered company, so I'll have to get them from the place I found. By the time VAT is added (sales tax @17.5%) plus delivery, there's not much difference. Thanks again LSD. I'm sure I'll be back asking about BIOS settings when I fit them.

Ahh Ok, well if you have time, I will see what else greg can find so you dont have to spend so much on ebay. Ill let him know what you said

Follow up:
    I've now had the Mushkins in for 3 days in interleaved mode with no problems. The only changes I've made to the BIOS are to up the DIMM voltage as these require 2.2V and they are also 5-5-5-18 instead of 5-5-5-15 that the Crucials were rated at. I think it's unlikely that I'll be able to return the Crucials because I've had them so long now and I bet there's nothing actually wrong with them - they just don't like running interleaved in Gigabyte mobos. So... I'm going to try an experiment. I'm going to try to run the system with 4 sticks. The Crucials ran fine non-interleaved, so I could run Mushkins non-interleaved as well but I've now got two banks, so I'm back to interleaved. Yeah, I'm probably entering a world of pain but I'll give it one shot!

Just a heads up, Mushkins Spec voltages are not the Required amount but the Warrantied amount. And they generally do not need the full amount, so 2.1 (Or possibly 2.0) will work just fine and let your ram last longer

I dont think crucial has a time limit, best to check directly with Crucial, I know they do not require a reciept. But either way they would just send you new sticks you could sell on ebay!

Using both sticks would likely not work at all, they both have different Chips on them and that would cause errors

Glad to see you have some working ram, and you know depending on what you are running things at now those Mushkins will run at tighter timings then what it posted on the sticker. So which Model did you get again, and what are you running them at and I will post you some suggested tighter timings if possible

Cool. These are the sticks
    Edit: You asked for the current timings. I'll post them here soon.

Ok:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Disabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [Auto]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [Auto]
    (Mem freq 1066)
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 18
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 5
    Static tRead Value_______________ 10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.400V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [Normal]
    Last edited by softwaredave; 07-05-2008 at 12:30 AM.

Well first off you do not need 2.2-2.35 at all, that is the max allowed within the warranty. You can likely use 2.1V (+.3). And you could probably lower MCH to 1.5 as well, maybe less

As for timings, with you having your cpu and ram multi on AUTO I am not sure what you want to run the ram at. If you wanted you can raise your FSB to where you can use the ram with lower timings and 1:1 (2.0) multi. But as for what you have now, you can likely lower a few of those >>>

For trying to lower these, best to only move ONE AT A TIME, and test a bit after each move that way you know which causes the error if you do find one

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 4 << Possibly use 3
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 18 << Possibly use 11-15
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6 << Possibly use 4-5
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52 << Possibly use 38-48
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 5 << Possibly use 3-4
    Static tRead Value_______________ 10 << Possibly use 7-10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information