Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No boot after bios update

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: No boot after bios update

To do what? A normal Flash? If so you can only use Qflash with a floppy, or USB or a FAT32/16/12 Partition.

So if you do not have a USB then you are going to have to make a small 1GB or so Partition and format it to FAT32 on your Disk. Then point Qflash to it.

If you have a USB Then Format it if possible (Sometimes needed, sometimes not) then put the .FXX file only (meaning you do not need the other files in the download, but you can have whatever on the USB as well) on the USB stick, leave it in and reboot and enter Qflash. Then select your USB by browsing thru the "Disks" it shows you as choices and you will find your BIOS file

ok bought my self a 4gig usb flash drive to day formatted it to fat32 and put the f4 bios on it restarted my computer entered Q-flash with the f-9 key selected load new bios, and my flash drive doesn't show, pulled it out plunged it back in, nothing. the only thing it lists is a floppy and i dont have one grrrr. 20 bucks down the drain. this is getting stupid. i think im done with gigabyte.

Did you leave your USB stick in when you rebooted? If so, then check to see if Legacy SUB storage Detect is enabled in Integrated Peripherals Section of the BIOS. I cannot remember if it needs to be or not, but that is something to check for sure.

Just so you know (Incase you didnt browse thru the options it gave you) a USB device will not show up as USB, it will be called Disk or Disks. I see you said Floppy, but I just wondered if maybe you skipped over disks

$20 for a 4GB USB? That is way Cheap, you sure it isnt just some piece of junk? A 4GB USB stick should be about $30-35

Dont you have a old 128 or 256 laying around

If not, just check that setting, and try again with the USB plugged in before the reboot

If you still are having no luck, you can format a small Fat32 Partition and put your BIOS there to flash with

got it to work enabled Legacy storage loaded f4, the bios installed fine rebooted loaded optimized defaults, went back in used the the settings you said to ran my voltage up to 1.2625 loaded windows and ****en cpuz still reads it as 1.024 im going to kill this POS! Ive had it!

You should reboot after loading optimized defaults, then make your changes. If ya did this, then dont mind me!

What does 1.3 give you? And it is not double or triple booting on you when you make the changes is it? One shutdown/reboot is correct, but if it does it more then once then settings are off

ya i re booted after i loaded the defaults. and nope it just shuts down once then restarts.

I shut the computer down cleared the cmos. fired it up loaded defaults saved restarted and put in the settings again saved restarted but for some strange reason it took like 3 times as long to show the boot bios menu thing it just kind of sat there might of been cause it had alot of changes to make maybe?. its running right now and still no change in the voltage. when i first got it i could change it and it would work until i restarted of coerce but and then after that no worky. but now i cant even change it after i cleared the cmos. could it be the drivers for the board or some other software problem?
    Last edited by stampy; 07-18-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Na, that is BIOS/hardware only issue. I would RMA the board for sure, as there is no reason other then the BIOS/hardware that it would not hold a voltage setting, and you have reflashed it so that is not it.

sucks if i rma it there just going to send me another one and it will more than likely do the same thing since my last one did this to before @bios f'ed it up. :(!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information