Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm afraid @Bios toasted my bios

Default Re: I'm afraid @Bios toasted my bios

Hey LSD, thanks again for all your help.

The manual install gave exactly the same errors as the others. I'll go ahead and try that flashv37 and report back.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmmm have you tried installing the latest @BIOS? Maybe your install is messed up? Just thinking out loud. >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Utility

I would also suggest you install the Intel Inf drivers, but you would be asked (Or if I remember right not asked and done automatically) to reboot

Hey LSD,

Unfortunately I've run through all of it and no dice. The flashv37 gave me an error (sorry can't remember what the error was at the moment) and my @bios was up to date. I went ahead and tried @bios again anyway, but had my typical results.

I fear we're dealing with a coaster here, but the good side is that it's stable as heck and everything's running cool, so I guess that's nice.

So, since it looks like I will be throwing a new board down, will I need to clean the processor and reapply arctic silver, or should it still be good?

Yea, in your new board you will need to redo the thermal paste!!!

You may get lucky and reboot and be ok, not too likely though. If you want, later tonight I can connect to your PC and see if I can get it to work. Maybe you have something you are noticing stopping it. Ill be on at around 11 or so tonight

Hey LSD,

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. My internet went out. I suspect I just needed to restart my computer, but this presents obvious difficulties.

So, I called up newegg and told them I corrupted the bios while flashing the board, and that I wanted to order a new board while I was waiting to RMA the old one. Here's what they did for me:

1. waived shipping cost on the new board
    2. upgraded the shipping to overnight
    3. Emailed me a code so my RMA was free to ship back.
    4. Refunded the shipping on the old MB!

So, to recap this will have ended up costing me nothing and somehow I made like 7 dollars in the process. By all rights I think they could have told me to shove it on RMAing the board since I decided to go ahead and flash it. Newegg is just insane. I'll never do business with anybody else.

As soon as I get off work, I'm gonna try to give the thing a restart, just so I can tell newegg that they can call off the cavalry if the board actually works, but they've mobilized so fast I might not be able to.

Thanks everyone for your help, especially LSD.
    I sent you a PM LSD.

Ya, newegg is AWESOME I have had great RMA experiences with them as well!!! If I ever have to RMA things, I pray it is with Newegg, they are the BEST

Well, you may end up getting a new board either way, if so I would go ahead and use the new one even if the old one works, That way if it dies they cannot tell you that you denied a RMA already once for that board.

And remember, when you want to flash your new board since you do not have a USB or Floppy, you can always create a Small 1gb or so Partition on your hard drive and make it FAT32 and place your BIOS files there. Then you can use Qflash to flash your BIOS with Files from the FAT32 partition. I think it must be on port 0 though, but not so sure. If you want me to test that on my end with disks anywhere let me know and I can for you.

Good luck with your new board, and be careful. You should take that $7 you made And buy yourself a cheap $10 flash drive, or cheaper if you can find one. All you need is a super small one since BIOS files are only 1MB, you could get a 128MB flash drive for $5 on ebay most likely

Quote Originally Posted by somapopper View Post
    Hey LSD,

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. My internet went out. I suspect I just needed to restart my computer, but this presents obvious difficulties.

So, I called up newegg and told them I corrupted the bios while flashing the board, and that I wanted to order a new board while I was waiting to RMA the old one. Here's what they did for me:

1. waived shipping cost on the new board
    2. upgraded the shipping to overnight
    3. Emailed me a code so my RMA was free to ship back.
    4. Refunded the shipping on the old MB!

So, to recap this will have ended up costing me nothing and somehow I made like 7 dollars in the process. By all rights I think they could have told me to shove it on RMAing the board since I decided to go ahead and flash it. Newegg is just insane. I'll never do business with anybody else.

As soon as I get off work, I'm gonna try to give the thing a restart, just so I can tell newegg that they can call off the cavalry if the board actually works, but they've mobilized so fast I might not be able to.

Thanks everyone for your help, especially LSD.
    I sent you a PM LSD.
    What was the result when you restarted your computer? I'm in the exact same situation with my Gigabyte motherboard and I've kept my computer on for a few days.

yes me2 im pretty nervous right now shoulda never used that crap

Did both you guys try to manually download the proper files for your board and board revisions from here, and manually tell @BIOS to install the file as I directed on page 1? >>>
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

Be sure to pick your correct board revision at the top of the page after you pick your board, then choose bios, and download and extract the bios file.

phew i rebooted and said to myself "whatever happens happens" and the bios block or whatever restored my bios from the hard drive and rebooted everythings fine now it even kept my old bios settings saved belive it or not. from now im imma stay away from windows flash utilities. this is all from my bios not being able to detect my 2 ide cd drives im using the f7 bios and it only detects them when it feels like it which is like %5 of the time i luckily got them detected again and after a few reboots there gone again. what should i do? and is there any updates to the f8f bios besides supporting new cpus?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information