Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm afraid @Bios toasted my bios

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: I'm afraid @Bios toasted my bios

I would wait to flash for a NON beta version. When you see update for CPU's that is not the only things they are fixing in each one, just the major updates.

As for your issues, stop trying newer beta's and try older final ones

Glad ya got lucky with your BIOS, ya from now on use Qflash only

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did both you guys try to manually download the proper files for your board and board revisions from here, and manually tell @BIOS to install the file as I directed on page 1? >>>
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

Be sure to pick your correct board revision at the top of the page after you pick your board, then choose bios, and download and extract the bios file.
    I tried to manually install the BIOS with @BIOS but I received the same error messages. My motherboard is the GA-MA69GM-S2H. I tried flashing the F5 BIOS and I also tried flashing the F3 BIOS but I received the same error messages both times.

Are those manual flashes you are trying after downloading the correct BIOS for your board?

If so, you may be out of luck and Have to RMA after you reboot if it does not recover

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Are those manual flashes you are trying after downloading the correct BIOS for your board?

If so, you may be out of luck and Have to RMA after you reboot if it does not recover
    I rebooted the computer and it seems to be working correctly.

You got lucky then! From now on ONLY use Qflash with a floppy or USB stick if you can

those errors only seem to happen with the current version of @bios, v2.01 (B8.0617.1).

both of these worked for a 965p running vista.
    • @bios v1.20 - dl from the backup, not the official (gigabyte) as that links to the current version.
    • if you have an award bios you can use their winflash program (google 'award winflash').

on another note.. i don't think the drivers for v2.01 are taking into account a dynamic kernel address space for vista.
    Last edited by uchiha_itachi; 06-25-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Ya, you could be correct, but I do not see how a older one would have proper drivers for vista and not a newer one. I say that because I do have, and have used 1.21 myself off my CD. But I do not condone this, nor do I use it often!

the older version uses a different set of drivers/libraries than the newer version. v1.20 uses huadrv.dll, markfun.32 (the actual driver), and markfundrv.dll. v2.01 uses ycc.dll - the drivers are embedded.
    the errors pop up after a failed attempt to interact with the driver.

on second thought.. the dynamic kernel address space in vista may not be the cause.

Ahh well with different drivers I suppose you could be right about it.

Well either way, for anyone reading DON'T USE @BIOS

hey, Im from Hungary and
    i just have had the same situation with @bios.
    it flooded me with that stupid error messages which i didnt care and just reseted my computer. it works fine I dunno why, probably it loves me, neither do I. its a ga-p35-ds3 rev 2.1

gigabyte can go to hell with its stupid easy-to-use bios update softwer. its a trap.

i wanted to flash because my computer randomly shuts down, restarts and even starts in the middle of the night without any case, warning or something. its completely unpredictable. and i think its the motherboard. so go the hell again gigabyte.

ciao.

ps: someone tell me what the hell is RMA?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information