Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem installing Vista on GA-EX38-DS4

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problem installing Vista on GA-EX38-DS4

Well those look fine! So it could just be incompatibility issues like I said, do you have any older or other ram you could try/borrow to test with?

hmm yeah I guess. I work as computer tech at a local computer shop, repairing and building PCs so I guess I could borrow some at work and try. But how come vista boots fine from port 4 and 5 if there is a memory incompatibility issue? Do I suffer some kind of performance loss having my bootdrive connected to port4 or 5 vs port 0-3?

Ya really should not suffer any loss depending on the port I would think they all shoudl be the same.

As for incompatibility issues, they as you know since you are in the field can cause any number of strange issues in any combination

You could try adding +0.1 to FSB and MCH for added stability and see if it will install then, if not I would get ya some Other DDR2 and test with that and see if there is any change
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Hehehe yeah indeed there are strange compatibility issues with memory modules, I did quite alot of reading before I choose the corsair ones but apperantly not enough :| Anyway, in the near future I am gonna buy another HDD and hookup a raid system and see if that works...and also I will be lending some TakeMS pc6400 mem modules soon and try booting from port 0-3.

Now I am off to celebrate midsummers-day here in sweden with some beer and friends :) Thanx alot for taking the time to helping me out, I might be back posting during the day/evening - this forum is really awesome!

Cheers m8

I use the GA/J.Micron ports on my board for RAID because it is faster then the Intel one, but sadly they left those off the X38 DS4's only DQ6's have them

Enjoy your day, wish I was there!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information