Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: front audio problem

Default front audio problem

I plugged in the front panel to the F_AUDIO mainboard( EP35-DS3) located near the proc.... But when i plug in the headphone.. no sounds coming from it, no detection. The rear speaker at behind still working though. anything wrong?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: front audio problem

Did you install the HD driver on your install cd? If so, I would suggest you uninstall it in safe mode, and in device manager see if you find Microsoft UUA driver and uninstall that as well. While still in safe mode download (Or download first) these two files and install then, Intel one first >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters
    Realtek

I can see 2 driver of Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.. is this the 1?.. remove 2 of them?..
    The 1st link (intel) got quite some files in it?.. which one to download?.. 1# ? or 2# and the second link didn't work..After press next " Object moved to here." come out again and again..

Intel you choose your system then download the exe self installer. it is called infinst_autol.exe

post a pic of the drivers you mean so I can bu sure to say yes.

I am not quite sure what you meant on that last part, do you have your install disk for your motherboard? If so the driver is on there as well, called Intel Inf Driver installer package. You can just install that one

Here is realtek link again, just choose HD audio on the right side and click ok and next to download >>>
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/

is it HD Audio Codec Driver? File name = WDM_R196.exe

So i have to uninstall the
    1) Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
    2) 2 x Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

Then install the
    1) infinst_autol.exe
    2) WDM_R196.exe

can i do these stuff inside normal window(not safemode)

* i'm using window xp
    Attached Images Attached Images front audio problem-jpg 

I am not sure of the Realtek file name, but yes uninstall both microsoft ones In SAFE MODE, and the old realtek one. Then reboot back into safe mode and install the intel file and the realtek file.

I say safe mode because if you do not do it that way, windows will reinstall the same old driver as soon as you uninstall it

Also in BIOS be sure azalia audio is enabled, which unless you turned it off it should be already on

Still the same... Everthing at the rare port works.. But not in the front

Hmm you sure your case wires are good? Can you test them somehow with the rear channel? I suppose not........

I dont know what else to suggest, other then somehow testing those wires and plugs, because sometimes they can be faulty

I dont think they are faulty coz i have been using them with my old board.. No problem at all...the mic and output all working.(but the rare port mic have problem with that board. lol..) aihz.... btw do u know how 2 identify the colours?.. coz

Legacy AC'97
    my old board.............. EP35-DS3

1 = MIC2 .................MIC
    2 = AGND ................GND
    3 = MICPWR..............MIC Power
    4 = +5VA..................NC
    5 = Line out_R ...........Line Out (R)
    6 = BLINE_OUT_R ...... NC
    7 = NC......................NC
    8 = No pin.................No pin
    9 = Line out_L............ Line out (L)
    10= BLINE_OUT_L........NC

a few of them i suppose is the same like line out_L and Line out (L) but for EP35-DS3 it have lots of NC. So i put jumper for those NC and remove the others?
    Is this dangerous?

You should look at your Case manual, then the board manual and be sure the wires match up properly, they do not always line up right. And you case may or may not support HD audio

You only need the Left, Right and Microphone pin I think along the bottom leaving a single pin gap between each. Do not try this without confirming the pin layout.

From the manual >>>

F_AUDIO (Front Panel Audio Header)
    The front panel audio header supports Intel High Definition audio (HD) and AC'97 audio. You may
    connect your chassis front panel audio module to this header. Make sure the wire assignments of
    the module connector match the pin assignments of the motherboard header. Incorrect connection
    between the module connector and the motherboard header will make the device unable to work
    or even damage it.

For HD Front Panel Audio:
    • The front panel audio header supports HD audio by default. If your chassis provides an
    AC'97 front panel audio module, refer to the instructions on how to activate AC'97 functioninality
    via the audio software in Chapter 5, "Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio."
    • When using an AC'97 front panel audio module, you can use either the front or the back
    panel audio connectors, but not both at the same time.
    • Some chassis provide a front panel audio module that has separated connectors on each
    wire instead of a single plug. For information about connecting the front panel audio
    module that has different wire assignments, please contact the chassis manufacturer.

5-1-1 Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio
    The motherboard provides six audio jacks on the
    back panel which support 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel audio.
    The picture to the right shows the default audio jack
    assignments.
    The integrated HD (High Definition) audio provides
    jack retasking capability that allows the user to change
    the function for each jack through the audio driver.
    For example, in a 4-channel audio configuration, if a Rear speaker is plugged into the default Center/
    Subwoofer speaker out jack, you can retask the Center/Subwoofer speaker out jack to be Rear
    speaker out.
    Rear Speaker Out
    Center/Subwoofer
    Speaker Out
    Side Speaker Out
    Line In
    Front Speaker Out
    Mic In
    High Definition Audio (HD Audio)
    HD Audio includes multiple high quality digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that support 44.1KHz/
    48KHz/ 96KHz/192KHz sampling rate. HD Audio features multistreaming capabilities that allow multiple
    audio streams (in and out) to be simultaneously processed. For example, users can listen to MP3
    music, have an Internet chat, make a telephone call over the Internet, and etc. all at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information