Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: IS this normal

Default IS this normal

I did everything as shown on the Baseline in " Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide"

Except
    Sata AHCI mode = disabled
    CPU host frequency = 333
    pci express frequency = 100
    system memory multiplier = 2.4

cas, ..... = 5,5,5,12

refresh to act delay = auto
    memory performance enhance = standart

DDr2 overvoltage control = +0.1
    CPU voltage control = normal

i'm using e8200 and EP35-DS3 Rev 2.1 1gb x 1 ddr2 800 aeneon (AET93R25D)

The weird thing is that on idle

Core temp:
    Tj max 105 oC
    core 0# = 51 oC
    core 1# = 51 oC

Pc wizard 2008 :
    Processor Fan : 2547 rpm
    Processor Temperature : 41 C
    Processor Temperature (Core 1) : 47 C
    Processor Temperature (Core 2) : 47 C
    Mainboard Temperature : 43 C

idle only.. =.=
    when stressed with orthos 3 minutes only reach 63[/B]C[B] the core 0 and 1 in pcwizard..
    why isit so hot.. when i touch the HSF quite cold oso..but the northbridge quite hot...

1st) isit ok to OC?...
    2nd)I intent to Oc with 400 buss speed x 7 multiplier..Do i have to play it the increase way or just shoot it up and see what happens?
    3rd) the ram i use.. The chipset, i google and it seems that " Wintec AmpX DDR2 800 Cas5" is using the same chipset.. isit good for Oc?..
    4rd) should i remain 800mhz with tighter latency for the ram or higher frequency?
    Last edited by decarusz; 06-21-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Default Re: IS this normal

Poorly seated heatsink and or too much thermal paste.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, or crappy cooler. Also, you are aware of some 45nm cpu's have stuck sensors right?

Either way, you should calibrate and use RealTemp to be sure what you temps are, because I think they are even higher then you think because TJmax is 95 on 45nm cpu's. Here is the calibration (Please do calibrate or you will not get proper temps) and download page >>>
    Real Temp - Documentation And Calibration
    Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

Stock cooling.. i now surfing and hearing songs.. temp are 43 to 44.. is this normal?... using
    " Real Temp " Tj max 95...
    so I did something wrong while installing the HSF? How?.. open back , replace some thermal paste and put back?

Na, we just meant stock heatsinks are terrible. Since you are using stock did you add paste? If so, then ya you need to redo things because the Intel stock HSF already has paste on there, so now you would have WAY to much

Temps are high kinda for idle, but I cannot say for sure as I have never used a stock heatsink for years. I do know the new 45nm ones are only half the older 65 conroe ones with no copper, so if you have a old core 2 duo heatsink from a 65NM cpu that would be far better to use with your new one

Yeah.. the HSF is like half the length...weird...small and cute..lol But its 45nm, shouldn't it be cooler then those 65nm?.. I do have Old 95nm HSF(pentium d 805) should i replace it with my old 1? ...I didnt add any extra paste.. Everything on stock...

Ya, they should be cooler, but those fans who knows. Hmm I bet the Pentium D fan would be much better, and is has a copper center too!!

Just be sure to add a small pea sized amount of paste and let the HSF spread it out when you push it in, or do the small line method. Either will be fine, just keep in mind to much will be a insulator and make things hotter then they should be

Thread Information