Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Display Trouble with GA-MA78GM-S2H

Default Display Trouble with GA-MA78GM-S2H

Ok well, I seem to be in a similar boat to quite a few others! Does anyone have a solution please!
    I have the following:
    GA-MA78GM-S2H
    ATHLON 5000+
    HAUPPAGGE 2200
    VISTA HOME PREMIUM
    SONY 46 INCH BRAVIA X (BUILD DATE MARCH 2008)
    I am typing this on the above setup now in 1080p but sometimes,
    the screen blanks and the input is lost only way to get display working again is a reboot of the HTPC. If I turn off the TV, I have to reboot to get picture back again.
    If I try to watch TV with tuner card I lose TV signal but still get sound. Same again, have to reboot to recover picture.
    I have ALL the lastest drivers, BIOS, everything. My HDMI cable is a good one.
    Suggestions please! I'd like to avoid having to buy a new Graphics Card.
    Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Display Trouble with GA-MA78GM-S2H

Do you have your display settings in power scheme's power options to shut down the screen after certain times? If so, turn all similar features off and see if that helps.

Sounds like what is happening, the screen is shutting off due to a setting from vista defaults that alot of users never notice or dont change because they do not ever see the issue. It is in control panel, power options, then click change plan settings, then change advanced power settings..... and look thru them all and disable any GFX related one

Thanks for your quick advice - however the power management in Vista is not related to this problem. With regard to the screen losing its picture when TV is selected, I have been advised elsewhere to roll back to Catalyst 8.4 or even 8.3 as there seems to be a bug with TV in 8.5 and 8.6.
    The situation with the TV not being able to regain a signal if the TV is powered off is a well known problem - nobody has a fix for it yet - the best advice is that apparently sending the HTPC to sleep and waking it uo might work. My concern is, how do you do that when you can't see the screen? Maybe I'll have to get my head around the MCE Remote to work out how to do that. What setting do I need in the BIOS - S1 POS or S3? (That's just from my memory, not sure if that's the correct terms...)
    Thanks again.
    Joe

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lighty View Post
    Thanks for your quick advice - however the power management in Vista is not related to this problem. With regard to the screen losing its picture when TV is selected, I have been advised elsewhere to roll back to Catalyst 8.4 or even 8.3 as there seems to be a bug with TV in 8.5 and 8.6.
    The situation with the TV not being able to regain a signal if the TV is powered off is a well known problem - nobody has a fix for it yet - the best advice is that apparently sending the HTPC to sleep and waking it uo might work. My concern is, how do you do that when you can't see the screen? Maybe I'll have to get my head around the MCE Remote to work out how to do that. What setting do I need in the BIOS - S1 POS or S3? (That's just from my memory, not sure if that's the correct terms...)
    Thanks again.
    Joe
    Unpluging the HDMI cable, waiting a few seconds and pluging back in will bring picture back. I to had that issue, along with drivers crashing when using onboard video. New HD3450 fixed all my problems :-)
    Hopefully they can get something done to fix video issues soon.

Thread Information