Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Default Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

4. Wasn't sure how else to do this. Didn't see multiple file upload.
    Attached Images Attached Images Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS-sp32-20080624-122246-jpg 

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Everything looks ok there except refresh to act is a bit low but not really I supose with that ram, either way I dont think that would affect you in this fashion

Try with only one stick of 1GB ram in slot one.

Ya know, you may have a fried keyboard slot....But I guess you cannot get into the BIOS to turn on USB support to use the USB keyboard. Or did you originally have that in use, and had gotten in the BIOS before with it?

Next thing to do is unplug your hard drives, opticals and any other extras you have such as second GFX card, floppy, ect. And see if it will get you any further in. If nothing you may have to RMA as I have no clue what else to suggest to you to try to help
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-25-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Ahh that is ok, you could have hosted them at photobucket or imageshack. But all I needed to see is the main page once and that was it. All looks good there as I said, nothing that would cause this issue for sure

Good! Ive been racking my brain hard for a few days and just thought fresh eyes may help. I cant find a damn thing wrong either. Thought about taking out all the components, that's just alotta work and Im mostly lazy. Yes I had previous enabled usb support or whatever its called and used both a ps2 and usb at various times to enter bios without a problem. Something I had forgotten, it also will not boot (gets to post screen and just stays) if I have and kind of usb hd plugged in. Either my IOMEGA or wifes usb sansa

as for it freezing with USB HD you need to enable a setting in the BIOS for that, Legacy SUB Storage Detect.

But since you cant get in there.....

Yeah, without me there and looking in person, I really cant say for sure. As for what you have said so far, all should be working. Have you tried a USB keyboard on EVERY USB port? Ask that incase your keyboard PS2 slot is fried.

Other then that.... If you dont wanna take it all out you will need to RMA, which you will have to take it all out anyway.

If it was me, I would have the board only setup on a table and test it out of the case not on a motherboard tray with only the graphics card, one stick of ram, Power supply, CPU fan of course, and that is it, No drives nothing else. If it fails there something has to be fried/shorted out and you will have to RMA

Thanks man. Im gonna dig into it tonight. Taking it out of the case at this point is a good idea.

And no I havent tried every usb port. But to have them bad AND the ps2...

So If I take the mobo out and set it on a table, what should I lay it on? Static bag?

Thanks

Just don't want to short something

Tried it with one memory stick. Same thing

Static bags hold static on the outside of the bag... So no I would advise against that. I suggest either a wooden table, a NON Metal Desk such as glass, or a counter top with no metal, or just a simple piece of cardboard on a table will do.

Static bags are great, but are meant to be used to put things INSIDE of so that no static can get to them, they way they are made is all static in and around them gets transfered to the outside of the bag

So, are you out of you case yet? And NOT on your motherboard tray?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information