Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

YA, sorry to confuse you I think. If you are just trying to format your USB for the BIOS files all you need to do it choose FAT32 then put the files on there, leave the Flash Drive plugged in and reboot to Qflash

Qflash has nothing to do with Express Recovery. To Enter Qflash you hit (*EDITED* HIT <END> Key) at boot (Same time you normally would hit the Del key to enter your BIOS)

Wait one second I am editing this for your RAID Comment

*EDIT*

When/If you want to go the FAT32 Partition route you will need to make it outside the RAID. ON a separate Storage drive is best. But I think you can span a FAT32 across a RAID but I am no so sure.

If you have the right tools installed you could just delete the end of some of the RAID Array itself so the is raw disk and make a FAT32 there not inside the array.

If you want to wait a few minutes I will make one inside my GA RAID 0 and see if I can see it in Qflash. I will do that right now just so I will know as well if it is ok
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-14-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Lets not forget that I cannot hit F9. If I press ANY key (and I have tried them all) the system locks up.

How can I make it outside the array? i can shrink the array down and use that disk space, but I already tried that. Isnt any disk space on that array "in" the array?

Sorry About the long delay, I forgot it would have to re-intialize all my Data when I made a new partition within my array.

So yes, you can use Qflash from within a RAID array on a FAT32 partition. Here is some images incase anyone else is unsure of that >>>

Well S h i t man, Sorry I forgot about the keys issue. You are either going to HAVE to make a DOS bootable USB drive or download Hirens BootCD or similar. Or find a floppy to use for a minute.

Other then that you may have to just use the @BIOS utility which I always suggest against, but have used myself in the past. If you do decide to use it please do not let it find a file online. Use it to browse to the BIOS file you already have downloaded that you KNOW is correct. Do not check the "Find BIOS from Gigabyte" Box, and just use the "Update New BIOS" Button and browse to your downloaded BIOS file.

*STRONG NOTE* if you get a error DO NOT reboot. Please come back and post about your error.

In the end, @BIOS kills it or not you may need to RMA anyway because of Keyboard connections fried or something, are you within your RMA time period still?

Thanks for all your help. im not sure, how long is Gigabyte's warranty? I can steal a floppy tomorrow at work but Ill grab a larger flash drive instead. Ill check out that hirens disc you mentioned as well.

Question

If I decide to try @bios once more, should I use an old bios? These problems only started when I upgraded...

Floppy would be quick and simple for sure! I would get that, a larger flash drive wont matter a BIOS file is only 1MB surely you have at least a 256MB one right?

Sorry, I forgot Hirens will not work for a RAID setup. You are just gonna have to grab a floppy drive or Make a bootable USB one with DOS on it

I think all boards have a 1 Year Warranty, some may have more and some may be warrantied by the seller for a year as well

As for @BIOS.... Hmm is that what initially caused this issue from the get go? I just ask because if so this thread I will add to the reasons not to use it!

Well, I would say yes use a older one you used to use that you knew worked. Then if it still does not you may just need to send your board in. Anything could have caused it to short somehow, but seeing as it works in windows I do think something is wrong on the BIOS side of things and not with the actual hardware of the board itself

Be sure you download a BIOS that still supports the CPU you are using since you planned to try a older one. And also BE SURE it is for your model and revision of board (I know you know, but just a reminder to anyone reading)

ok thanks. so I can fit the files that make the floopy bootable as well as the bios itself on a floppy?

Yes I think, but if not you would just make your DOS Bootable Floppy and then put the BIOS files onto a separate floppy disk and insert after you load dos and follow the directions included

So get 2 disks as well just incase. And I am not sure about this but it just came to mind that you may or may not be able to set the floppy as a boot device since you cant get in the BIOS. But you should still be able to pick it Via F12 Boot selection. Just thinking out loud, Grab it and two disks

*Pre Post Edit*

I just downloaded a BIOS package to see about the directions for ya, and I see there is a Autoexec file and the flash program. So from what I remember from the old DOS days that is all you need. You should be able to just double click the installer package that you download from the webpage and it will burn all needed files onto a floppy. Then when you choose to boot from floppy it will automatically flash.

If not I will help you get it done when you get home with your Floppy drive.

In the meantime you should be looking up how long ago your bought your board and such just incase. And for sure do this if you @BIOS flash instead of waiting. Remember if you do do this, please manually download and Extract to your desktop the BIOS files from the online website and then manually update with @BIOS. Don't let it get a file online I have seen to many people get offered the wrong BIOS's this way.

If you need me to extract just the BIOS file for you (Like if you do not have winrar) let me know which you want and I will get and repost for ya only the BIOS file you need for @BIOS

awesome thanks. trying @bios now

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information