Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Default Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Sorry it was late and I needed to get some sleep. No luck. This time when I attempt to update it to an older version it errors out and does not flash.

Ill try the disks after work tonight. If they dont fix it I am going to RMA it. It has been seven months so I should be good.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ouch, Errors in @BIOS? If so DO NOT Shut off the PC

Please try this version of @BIOS with the same BIOS file. Install it then flash again and see if it errors. >>>

Post #35
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/im-a...05/index4.html

If so, and you have to shut it down to flash you might not have any luck at all without a DOS disk. And to do that you will need to do a few things different then we discussed here

I thought all I had to do was boot of the bootable floppy and then use the other to run a batch file.

Yeah that is all if you do it that way. But please first try the "Different" @BIOS version posted in that thread linked above since you have already fried your BIOS

What I meant by different then we discussed here is that you may have to use your own batch file since your BIOS is now corrupt to clear the DMI Pool and fully delete the corrupted boot block. If you fail to flash with the normal floppy procedure I linked in that thread above the method I am referring to here, It is called Blind Flash and it is linked in Post #6 in the above thread. I say you may need to do this because with a Corrupted BIOS you may or may not even be able to load a DOS disk, or see any output on the screen. That is why A blind flash may be in order.

To set that up you would need to connect that floppy drive to a different PC to put the proper files on the floppy since you would be unable to view anything or use your other PC until you fix it.

So.... That is why I say please do not shut off the PC and try that Other version of @BIOS first before shutting down. You might as well since you error'd out the board is a brick likely if you shut it off now

Oh so your saying it may have not came back on at all. ****, luckily it did. @bios didnt take obviously but i was able to get back into windows. cant i still hook the floppy to it and download what i need or no?

i like the sound of blind flash :) thats about where this ******* has me. if i could pull the bios out i would piss on it.

Yeah you are ok then since it started up!

AHAHAH I hear ya for sure.

Ya you will be fine to flash the normal DOS way since your system is useable.

And yeah it could have not came back on at all, that is why several times I said Do Not Shut down if it errors on you

k thanks. Ill give this a shot tonight when i get off of work. Ill let you know

Angry Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

wow. rma time it is. Thid damn thing refuses to even recognize the FDD. The LED doesnt even light up, and Ive used different power adapters. I tried @bios one more time and it actually worked. I went from F11 back to F6 which I believe was what it came with. Did it help? **** no. Not a damn thing. Im done wasting my nights. I really hope this RMA process is smooth, becuase if not Gigabyte will have lost a customer.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information