Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Pissed please help GA P35-DS3P 2.0 Cannot enter BIOS

Ahh yeah I thought you may need to make some changes in the BIOS possibly to be able to use the Floppy as a boot device.

Good luck with your RMA, should solve your issue. Do you need the RMA page or did you find it already?

The only other thing I could think may possibly cause it is your ram, Both sets are not on the QVL.

Can you borrow from a friend some other PC6400 name brand ram, one stick would do for a small test? Just a thought, as I looked back to our 2 month ago discussion and see you are using 5300 unmatched off brand ram ( Likely from a old Dell right? )

Hahah good guess it was from an old dell. You must work in IT as well! I already started the RMA process. Havent heard back yet. I recently purchased new Mushkin pc-6400 2x2gb. I really just cant believe this whole thing. What the hell went wrong?

Yeap!!

I dunno man, I have never seen a issue like this. I have seen similar but it was easily solved or quickly found out that the keyboard was bad.

Electronics can be very funny sometimes, I often swear there IS Gremlins around the shop!

NO storms around or anything funky before the issue started?

I dont think so. I have it on a decent surge. i am trying to think of anything else that could have caused this but am coming up blank. If it was my power supply other things would be malfunctioning right?

I mean I tried to enter the bios with just about nothing plugged in, no optical or HDD. Reseated all the connections, reset the cmos god only knows how many times by now.

Ya never know, PSU's can be on the way out and cause Many Strange things to happen. But most likely yes it would be causing more then just this issue

Did you ever try it out of your case on a cardboard box?

No, I tried every possibe combination, but in the end did not take the mobo outta the case.

Well you should have done that Two Months ago Lazy J/K!

That could be the issue right there, you could have a short somewhere/(somehow that only affects BIOS?? )

Seriously? If theres a short arent I already screwed? Or are you thinking metal on metal contact or something similar?

Yes, Shorts can be intermittent, and I did mean metal to metal or A short in a wire. I know it sounds as if it could not be the issue as it works in windows, but you never know. Best to try and see. You have to take it out anyway to RMA it

It is likely not the issue, but I just thought I should remind you to try since I last did a few months ago

And yeah, either way if there is or is not you would likely be screwed anyway. But if there is you DO want to know about it now before something else gets fried.

I had a CPU 12V 8Pin cable almost cut in half by the top of a Motherboard tray once and it was not frying anything. But I tell you what when I saw it I almost died as it was for SURE cut badly thru ALL Plastic on the tray side and super bare where it went up and over. Got Lucky for sure

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information