Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Very strange behaviour after changing PC case and PSU

Default Re: Very strange behaviour after changing PC case and PSU

The boot order is 1.HDD 2.DISABLED 3.DISABLED right now. BUT I am using the F12 at POST to boot on CD/DVD. (have also tried setting boot order 1.cd/dvd.

I am on RAID though, maybe thats what is causing the issues.

Gonna try the USB now. Can I run the memtest app from USB by booting on HIREN? I have hiren bootcd

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well Hmm that would sound ok then either way. I have mine set to Floppy, HD, CD. but I have used the CD one as well. You should set it to HD, CD.

And just so you know you will need to set it to be able to boot from USB so set that as Third as well now when you try that So CD, HD USB.... Or USB, CD, HD

I use RAID so that is not it.

Well Hirens uses OLD memtest and not the newer one updated for P35, but ya you could use it but I would suggest to try to get this newer version to work

Cant boot on Hirens BootCD either and I know for a fact that disc is OK, I used it all the time on my old computer when I ran WinXP. Something is really weird... When I boot on Hirens it says INVALID DISC - Replace it and hit any key

It was an old version though, 8.0. downloading 9.5 as we speak

Yeah, I was just coming back to tell you that! Sorry Hirens wont load programs on RAID.

Ohh but yeah, you should not get that error at all, It should appear to load and give you the programs menu, but it will fail when you choose a program and it starts to load the drivers.

So yeah something is not correct either with your CD player or BIOS settings. If you can take a picture of each BIOS page with a camera and I will look and see if I can tell you what is up tonight when I get back

No problem whatsoever booting on XP install cd or Vista install DVD and I doubt my DVD is crashed, Ive been burning movies on both DVD-R's and DVD-RWs for several days with no problems. Gonna try the picture thing anyway if my cell is up to the task, it has a lousy camera

Got the pics now, can I e-mail them to u, would save me alot of hazzle uploading then all to imageshack for forum hosting

Here's the pics

and the last 4

Ran Orthos Small FFTs for 2hours with no warnings and no errors. But Orthos Blend has given me 2 system lockups so some memory timimg(s) is probably still not good. Ill bump up the Static tRead Value a notch.

I will be right back, Im going to look at mine. You should show me Boot device Order popup window. I think you have to/should have have A second device enabled. Such as CD/DVD or USB, otherwise it will only be able to properly load the Disk.

Ill try two methods for tests on mine. I will burn a Copy of CD ISO memtest, and disable all but my HD so it is just like you have and see if mine works. And I will test my floppy with all but Hard Drive disabled as well and see the results

While you wait, do you burn DAO or TAO? Just wondering and not sure if it matters, but I always burn DAO

Ya, 2 hours small FTT pass sounds like CPU and CPU voltage is fine.

BRB
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-28-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information