Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Very strange behaviour after changing PC case and PSU

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Very strange behaviour after changing PC case and PSU

Ok Two questions. When you enter the popout menu for boot device order, does it show Bootable addin cards as a second listing for you even with only HD enalbed?

I had no issues with HD ONLY enabled and all other disabled using F12 and picking either CD or Floppy.

Second, do you leave the CD's in when rebooting? I know you have to when you use USB to flash in Qflash, so I just wondered about if you did or not. I forgot to test this, but I did leave the CD in when I rebooted to do the testing

What you can do is make a new bios Profile, Save your one you are using now and name it "Overclock" or whatever, just so you will know which is which ( use The CPU Freq and Main Ram timings for names such as (4.05GHz 445-12). F11 Is save on the Main screen only. Then change everything back to stock and save that as "Stock" or "Default" (again Here I use stock CPU Freq and Ram such as 3.0GHz 444-12) and save. To switch or load any new profile you make, on the main screen hit F12.

*NOTE* When I mentioned Load a stock or default profile, I DO NOT mean load optimized or failsafe defaults. I mean make changes manually to what you consider stock. If you load either of the aforementioned settings you will loose your "Overclock" profile you just saved

Load the default settings one and try again

I am already at stock values on most settings, all that is not stock now is the memory subtmings + voltages for PCIE, FSB, MCH, DDR2, they were on AUTO stock. My CPU and FSB stock is 333x9 and thats what I use now.

I have burned memtest with both Nero/Burn Image and Imgburn/write image to disc with the same result.

I enabled DVD as 2nd boot device and tried booting on it using the F12 with no luck, still getting stuck on the loading screen. Windows XP + Vista DVD install discs boots just fine, but all DOS-based bootable medias wont boot correctly.
    I have also tried switching sata ports for the DVD from 3-4-5, enable/disable IDE controller. Maybe its cuz I have a SATA-DVD? I read at some other forums ppl have had issues booting memtest from sata dvd, and needed an IDE drive to succedd.

Here´s the pics u wanted:

I am trying to boot from the P3-Pioneer -DVD

and also the loading screen:

I will probably go by my work office and pick up an USB-floppy device and boot from that if I cant boot memtest from CD/DVD
    Last edited by LaZ; 06-28-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Ahhh, I wanted in your BIOS, the popup when you choose Boot Disk Order. At the top of the boot order page

Try a profile with memory subtimings and everything on AUTO.

And yea Maybe it could be SATA issue, I use IDE CD drive

Do you have the Intel Inf Installer package installed? Dont know if that could be the issue or not just thinking out loud >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Yeah I have that installed, the chipset install is the first I install after a new OS installation.

Problem with memtest is solved now. It was as I suspected some issue with SATA dvd. I picked up a USB floppy device from work and booted memtest from that.
    Ran the test and came up with NO errors.

Gonna run another Orthos Blend now and see what happens, this morning when I ran it I got a system lockup - so I upped the static tRead a notch + upped "Act to Act", Rank write, read to precharge a notch.
    And as I said earlier then Small FTTs ran 2hrs with no errors so cpu must be ok, and after memtest all OK so IF Blend gives me errors now then I dunno what could be wrong

IF Orthos gives me no errors now I think I am ready to try some CPU/FSB clocking.

1. How much would u say I should up the FSB with for starters?

2. Should I also change mem multiplier to keep the rams at 800?

3. IF I get unstable real quick at low overclock what would be the next value to change? Cpu voltage?

4. IF YES to cpu voltage, how much is safe with only a 65nm core duo stock cpu cooler? (37 degrees IDLE, 52-53degress @ 100%load in Orthos.

Can you run memtest Test #2 and test #5 for about a hour or so each to be sure. How to pick tests >>>

1. First press C
    2. then 1
    3. then 3
    4. and finally select the test that you want to run
    5. press Enter
    6. and then 0 to get it running

Well CPU testing ok for 2 hours is not a FOR SURE sign of anything. But with blend failing so quickly I suspect Ram timing or or more voltage is needed somewhere FSB, or MCH, possibly even less is needed on your ram.... Can happen sometimes

Once you get some more testing in, please post back to me the last settings you tried that failed and I will see what I think. Also please add your system specs into your signature, so many users here I forget who has what and have to keep checking back thru threads (Thanks!!!)

Template >>
    Just a template I use to ask people there settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

CPU voltage for 65 NM depends on your temps, and what you are using to cool your CPU. But the general MAX is said to be 1.5, some go way above that, I always stayed under 1.45 actual at load. Again though temps will be the deciding factor, you will get WAY to hot before you go out of a safe range anyway most likely so dont worry much there

Like I said before you want to make your ram loose and find your CPU setting you want, then work on the ram last. That is the easiest way. And yeah you will want to keep the multi so it is around 800-900 on the ram, and use 555-18 timings. Either set the subtimings very high or on AUTO so you know it is not the ram when you get errors.

Thanx I will do just that. Never thought about adding specs to signature, good idea! :)

Runnin Orthos Blend now, 15 min so far no probs.

Gonna post ALL values soon.

Sounds good!

I will be gone likely here in a sec. So you may not see me until later tonight. Good luck until then

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information