Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 acting weird.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 acting weird.

You do not need to clear CMOS for 5 hours!!! It will only take 10-20 minutes, if that. I have done it on my board in about 10 a few times.

And there is no 4 gig vista patch. 64bit system only or you cannot Physically "Use" 4GB or more. You can stick it in there, and yes SP1 vista will "Show" you 4GB, but in a 32bit system you will only be able to actually use 3.2 +/- GB EVER.

32-bit Windows operating systems, and Windows Vista makes no exception whatsoever to this rule, are limited in terms of the amount of system memory that can be addressed to no more than 4 GB.

The the fact of the matter is that 32-bit Windows XP or Windows Vista will not use more than 3.2 GB to a maximum of 3.5 GB of RAM, even if the hardware configuration comes with a full 4 GB.
    There will NEVER be a patch to USE 4GB in a 32bit environment, it is a mathematical problem, not a software issue >>>

By definition, a 32-bit processor uses 32 bits to refer to the location of each byte of memory. 2^32 = 4.2 billion, which means a memory address that's 32 bits long can only refer to 4.2 billion unique locations (i.e. 4 GB).
    The 4GB Windows Memory Limit: What does it really mean? - From BrianMadden.com
    Vista SP1 Won't Resolve the 4 GB RAM Limitation of 32-bit Windows Vista - Understanding why - Softpedia

The problem with memory has never been a 4GB and Vista installation, only had 2GB at most since my other 2GB stick is knocked out.

My store will have the board in stock again Juli 7th same with the memory, and that's when I get my 4870 delivered so I have some time anyway until I can use the computer at it's fullest.

If you already got a refund and or can instead of a RMA replacement set I would suggest you do that and buy different memory.

Ok some update, RMA'd both the MB and memory to the shop where I bought it, they have now, after 2 weeks (Sigh!), tested it and came to the conclusion that it's faulty. Getting both parts exchanged on warranty hopefully on monday.

Now it's time to pray that the new parts doesn't **** up aswell :) I'll report back when it's replaced. Thanks for all the help!

Well good luck, let me know how it goes for you
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 01:17 PM.

K, some information, the new motherboard works like a charm, aswell as the 2x2GB Corsair Dominator PC8500 memory sticks. Have both plugged in and it runs flawless. Feels really good, only tried booting with the essential parts plugged in. Tomorrow I'll plug in the HDD's and DVD, sort the cables and take it back to my place.

As they said in the shop where I bought the parts both the motherboard and memory was dead on arrival, so got new ones on the warranty. As long as everything works smooth tomorrow aswell the problem seems to be solved. I'll look at some of the settings in BIOS you posted earlier and tweak it some more when I have time.

Thanks so far and I'll post something when it's all up and running as it should. Peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information