Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly unstablility with ep35 ds3r

Default Re: Suddenly unstablility with ep35 ds3r

Ok, IM GONNA VOTE for you to get your LSD asap.

Your last post left me thinking heavily about the ram being foobared.

So before tyring with the drivers you kindly uploaded for me, i ran another memtest86, with the intention of leaving it during one entire day running just test 2 and then 5, but i forgot to select em, so it went ahead with all the test battery.

I noticed that, when lot of errors starting to pop on test 8, and well,lets just say when it reached 2+ million error count, i was convinced that stick was bad.

Ran the same test 8 on the other stick, flawless.

So, im installing Vista 64 again, this time, w/o BSOD's.

THANK YOU SO F'ING MUCH MAN.

Anyway, i'll report later the final results of this case.

Again, thanx.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I didn't say a day for each test!! If I did I was sleeping when I said that! LOL

I meant 3-4 hours each, possibly less for it to fail. But I see you did find a bad stick, so you using the good one for now then right?

You do know you will have to return the set for RMA, not just one stick. So you may need to borrow some ram for a while. Not long if it was bought from newegg, their RMA service is quick. And if you call in and "Cry" about it they often will cross ship for you as long as you are not a new customer

GLAD to see you got it, and finally stopped changing so many things at once. That was going to get you no where as you saw!

Good luck with your RMA, and getting your system up and running!!!

Hi guys, im here to let you know the event of the last days.

After determining one stick of ram had gone bad, i discarded it, building the rig with just the other one of the kit.

All went ok, the system was working like it should.

I bought another kit of 4 GB of ram, identical to the other, patriot viper series, to be able to use the computer while the other kit was in rma.

Ok, so, im in this situation:

1. the "old" working stick in slot 1, while the new kit in slots 2 and 4: bsod while playing
    2. just the new kit, in 1 and 3, 2 and 4, and even 1 and 2 to break dual channel: bsod when gaming
    3. i thought that with only the good old stick i would have no problems: nope, bsod after near an hour of gaming
    4. one of the new sticks gave similar results...
    This time, im not overclocking anything, the voltages were 2.2 for ram as rated, and +1 for fsb, mch (and even +2), and for pci-e bus.

i have formated again... this time, using the 4 Gb kit, and even ran memtest86+ 2.01, no errors.

Prime 95 gave me no errors either.

So, the bsods only occur when playing (geforce 8800 gts).

Thinking about the power supply, i connected the geforce 6 pin connector┤s molex to another PS i had lying around. Same results....

Yesterday, i checked the temp of the MCH, 63║ C in "system" sensor when the bsod happened (if the sensor is just above the pci-e 16x slot, i cant imagine the temp of the mch), indeed i could touch the heatsink was hot, didnt even had to wait 10 seconds as it felt a lot hotter than ever.

I did put a pair of 120mm fans, one just in front of the mch (well, separated from it by the graphics card), and another one blowing to it from another angle.

Still bsod┤d, i think at 38-40 ║C

I dont get it, how could it work fine, with the same game, the same hardware (except for ram), SO and drivers before all this hell broke loose, and now its like this...

What do you think?

Hmm, could be your GFZ card or driver. You should disable automatic restarts on BSOD and get the error number so I could better let you know something.

To do that go to control panel, system, advanced system settings, then startup and recovery towards the bottom click settings, then UNCHECK Automatically Restart. Then reboot and cause yourself a BSOD and give me the error number, it will look similar to this >>> 0x0000044

well man, after fully uninstalled drivers 175.16 as suggested by evga, and installed 175.19 , i now get not BSOD, just the message of the nvlddmkm not responding and being recovered.

Also, eventviewer shows no info about the application (any game) crash.

Maybe you should try a older one, newer is not always better for sure

You can get any older version at >>>
    LaptopVideo2Go & NVIDIA Related News

Yeah it says laptop, it is just a site that mods desktop drivers for use in laptops, you can get the unedited drivers any version at the link I provided above

heres an update;

tried 167.43 from laptopvideo2go. no fix.

I went nuts about this, and then tried XP x64 with the same driver revision thath used to work in the first build, but this time for XP.

Same result.

I know im missing something... but dunno what.

What you are missing is a Sapphire Graphics card!

I hear/see many issues with Various brands of 86/8800 GT/GTS/GTX

Nope, its an Evga card.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information