Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suddenly unstablility with ep35 ds3r

Default Re: Suddenly unstablility with ep35 ds3r

Today i had the oportunity to test my system with a ThermalTake 650 w PSU. 4 rails x 18 amps each.

The damned thing locked up again.

I also launched Turok to se how it fared with the problem: graphic corruption since the very beginning, in the form of disappearing parts of the body of the characters, light blue textures.

It seems like a bad/overheated video memory, but the hangs are an extra "bonus".

A friend also suggested that the PCB of the card is too hot, but temp sensor of Geforce shows the same temps i have got since the card was new (60-70 under load).

What do you think about the possibility that video ram is overheating? it has Thermal interface material, on each chip, the card is barely one year old.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well the temp shown to you is only the GPU and not the ram. Those issues sound like GFX ram going bad, or overheating

Just really depends on how well that they connect with the heatsink, and then how well that fan blows over them. Do you have everest? If so, some cards actually shown VGA Ram temps, others do not.

If you like the card and dont want to buy another, I would for sure be at least looking into a Aftermarket cooler. And then if it is still the same I would RMA the card and tell them it sucks!!!

Hi, i got this readings from everest 4.20.1170:

Gpu: 63 ē C
    GPU diode: 69 ēC
    Gpu ambient: 58ēC

but, with 4.20.1248 version or everest got:

GPU diote: 71 ē C
    GPU memory: 64 ēC
    gpu ambient: 58ēC

all this while idling.

and finally, a few minutes later, version 4.50.1330 gave me:

GPU: 64 ēC
    Gpu diode: 73 ē C
    gpu memory: 65 ēC
    gpu ambient: 59 ēC

after taking these last readings , closed everest, fired up evga precision (as far as i can see, its based on rivatuner) and indeed, shows 73 ēC for "GPU temperature"

gotta tell you, the error occurs even when "gpu temperature" is @ 62 ēC at load, but i didnt monitor the vid card´s ram at those moments.

See, ya that newer/newest non beta version picks up your GPU Ram temp. And yeah I would say that is pretty hot. GPU and Ram looks a bit hot, but the troubles you describe sound to me like GPU RAM issues so that is what I would be concerned about

Get a DuORB maybe, those are nice.

Thumbs down Re: Suddenly unstablility with ep35 ds3r

Hi.

i have discarded vga/vgamem temp as an issue.

The other day ran ati tool, and yes, it crashed when mem temp reached 80ēC. Total test time (20-25 minutes).

But , again, in the same day, in another atitool run, mem reached 85ēC, core 90ēC (having fan on auto, and yes, this time it really kicked in to maintain the above temps, just not at full speed) during an hour and a half.

Tested the card in my former rig, with the psu i have in this one (that system draws more power as for power supply calculator, its a san diego 90 nm, ddr): 1 hour, all well. Reboot, 2 & 1/2 hours, everything ok. Windows xp x64 by the way.

Again in this ep35ds3r, same os, same psu, same new power cord as in previous test (just in case).

1 hour and a half... everything ok. Reboot, not even half an hour and the hang presents.

Also, tried with new bios f3 (not beta).
    Disconnected everything but the essentials to test
    remember the ram is a new kit, not the one that we detected faulty. Passed memtestx86.
    This only happens when playing something 3d.
    the vidcard seems to be ok, as the issue didnt present in other 2 rigs (my former one, and a friend´s one).
    NOT OVERCLOCKING... yet

My only idea left is going asus, but right now im broken, so i will be frigging happy to fix this instead :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information