Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some problem with bios....

Default Some problem with bios....

My bios cant go back to default settings....The Ram voltage is now 1.9volt eventhough i put it back to default... using The tune program that comes with the disk only will maintain the voltage when Its open..Anyway to make it default back? at the bios... Do i have to flash the bios?

Default Re: Some problem with bios....

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
    Last edited by LaZ; 07-07-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.6GHz
    RAM - Mushkin Redline XP2 PC8000
    GFX - Gigabyte Geforce 8800GT Type B
    PSU - Hiper Type R MKII 680W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do not use The tuning program for overclocking or changing things, please use the BIOS to do so.

Go into the BIOS and make the changes by setting the voltage control to manual and set the ram voltage to what you need. Is 1.9 to low for what you wanted? I am not sure what you are trying to do, but you need to do it in the BIOS and not with a program.

Let me know more please

Thanks

I did the tuning with bios actually.. Later with much tuning.. i decided to switch it back to 1.8 and test for stability... Thats when i found that everest is showing 1.9v dimm eventhough i set it all to normal.
    I tried using the tuning program but it only works when the program is running..
    Now either I put ddr2 = normal or +0.1, both will have v dimm = 1.9v..
    I have no problem with higher voltage though.
    Just having problem with bios setting 1.8v dimm

I have taught about the flashing thing... But now its still on beta (F3d), I'm currently using F2.. So i flash back it with F2?
    Summore i heard many ppl's mobo drop dead after flasing.. =.= Kinda risky..

Btw... just wanna know.. Could it caused by any physical damage. Coz recently i change my thermal paste. When installing the HSF.. The mobo bend like S**T!!! hell freaked me out when i heard some sound.. =.= hope that wont do any damage.. lol
    still i'm using it now.. :)

Then either your ram needs 1.9 to run as set in AUTO or it is likely 1.85-9 or so which is fine and everest just rounds it up a little. Or your board just has a small variance.

Just so you know, everest will show out to 4 decimal places .0000 as shown here (Just incase you wanted to look further into that) >>>

If you do flash DO NOT USE @BIOS, use Qflash with floppy or USB and you will be fine, also be SURE you download the correct BIOS for your board and revision >>>
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

1.9 is fine though man, nothing to worry at all about, what ram is it anyway? Most use 2.1 to run best anyhow

I have 2 sticks or ram...
    1 is aeneon ddr2 800mhz (5-5-5-12 sticker)
    another 1 is kingston ddr2 533mhz
    both are 1 gb...I'm now running both at 667 mhz 5-5-5-12 1.9v
    I tried before aeneon 800mhz @ 1000mhz with 6-7-7-21 2.0v pass 10 test memtest (6th)
    both are value rams..
    2.1v?? @.@ not hot?

mine 2 decimal... 1.90

i set it to normal... last time my aeneon was running at 1.8v at normal... now normal = 1.9v =.=

2.1 V is not hot, but if your sticks are not made to handle that then they may not last long.
    2.1 is +.3, If you were asking that as well.

Dont know about that kingston at 2.1, maybe both would be good at 2.0.

Everest will show 4 decimal points, you must change the setting as I showed in the image in file, preferences

As you know, or at least you should know, mixing ram is not good at all, especially different brands and speeds.

Best you save up and buy a new stick on one or the other

*EDIT*

For your last comment.

Your BIOS in AUTO is not going to know what to do since you have mixed sticks in there. Best as I said to not mix them, or manually set the voltage yourself and not worry about it

Actually it remained 1.9v eventhough i pulled out the kingston.. Left 1gb x 1 aeneon standalone... changed to 4 decimal ... 1.9040v same thing..
    I was thinking of changing to corsair dominator 1066 cl5 2x2gb which will be months later.. lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information