Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could GA-X48T-DQ6 be the cause of random BSODs and failed stability testing?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Could GA-X48T-DQ6 be the cause of random BSODs and failed stability testing?

You want 4.00A for 266 and 4.00B for 333 FSB right? I believe that is your strap choices it should say to you on the right of that page when you open those

Good luck, and just keep in mind tweaking memory is a hard thing to do and takes time and patience

Default Re: Could GA-X48T-DQ6 be the cause of random BSODs and failed stability testing?

I once again appreciate your assistance, Lsdmeasap, and that is an understatement.

I chose the 4.00B option - had I been diligent to look to the right in the BIOS screen as you mentioned and to have seen the advisories when each item is highlighted, I should've seen that information, but I was so focused on the left side of the menu that I didn't even see those messages, and being new to BIOS menus, I honestly didn’t know to look there.

Although I changed that setting, the Everest cache stability test still kept showing a hardware fault at 3 sec - UNTIL I changed the USB Legacy Support to disabled. I have no idea how you knew to mention that, but when I changed that and re-ran the stability tests, they ran flawlessly. And as an aside, our WD USB ext drive still worked fine when plugged back in…

Also, our new CPU cooler arrived today, the OCZ Vendetta 2. I've been hesitant to stress the sys with the Everest stability tests until now as the temps rose to around 70 C with the Intel stock cooler at only 3 minutes. But with this easy install, I'm seeing at least 15-18 degrees difference at 100% load, and I hope to try Prime95 in the near future. I did let the the full complement of Everest stability tests run simultaneously for 20 minutes (something I had never done) and RealTemps were less than 54 C the entire time and there were no ‘hardware errors’.

Many thanks again for your advice, and perhaps a few others have picked up some pearls for their sys builds as well…

No problem man, I am here to help, when and if I can. Glad to be of some help to you for now at least

HAHA Yeah People often do just that, not notice the left. Except when it flashes red at them!

Ohh yeah, USB disabled and still works eh! Thats cool, I have disabled USB mouse and Keyboard and use them both too! So I dunno what's up with their USB settings in the BIOS, but I do know that one causes many issues. Glad you remembered to test it out

Great to see your temps are far more acceptable now! Those Intel coolers suck big time, putting them on and cooling a CPU too!!! And the new 45nm ones without a copper core are even worse (You may have one with a quad, but I know the new duals have a half size one with no copper core... Looks like a cracker on your CPU not a cooler!)

Good luck in the future with everything, and as you know feel free to post back anytime if you need some help or just wanna chat a bit

Hi there.

After reinstalling vista for the third time, I started googling about the stability problems I had.
    Your tips actually fixed it!
    Now I am finishing up my 32bit vista install, and will retry the 64bit later.
    Thanks very much.
    I just got this hardware yesterday, and was stressing about broken parts..

thanks again.
    My System:
    Silverstone TJ07 (Silver)
    X48T-DQ6
    Q9550
    OCZ 4 GB DDR3 1333
    2 x HD4870

Glad I could be of some help. Feel free to post back if you run into any issues

Liefde,

I'm using the same MB (GA-X48T-DQ6) and the same RAM (Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN).
    I don't know what processor you are using but i'm using the Intel E8600.

I'm just curious what settings you are using in your bios (and what bios version).
    If you would be so kind to give me that, plz!

Right now i'm having a problem with the ATI HD 4870X2 wich gives me BSoD, random reboots, ...
    Now I'm using my previous card X1900XT without any problem AT ALL!
    But I'll will open a new topic for that this evening!!

If you are having issues with your 4870X2 but not your X1950, are you SURE your PSU has enough on the 12V rail for your system and your card? >>>

650 Watt or greater power supply Power supply - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia with one 2x3-pin PCIeR power connector and one 2x4 2x4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -pin PCIeR power connector is required (1K Watt with two 2x3-pin and two 2x4-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)1
    If you do have that then you just may need to add +0.1-0.25 to your PCIE voltage

I have the Corsair HX1000 Wich is a 1000Watt PSU.
    It has 2 12 Rails of 40A each.
    I think thats enough to power that card!

I also tried with another PSU (650W) just to be sure ...

I also tried the GPU in another PC (my old one) and there i have the exact same problem.

I have done benchmarks and test with my PC (with X1900XT installed) and has run stable for all test.
    Prime95, MemTest86+, Everest Ultimate, ...
    So I think my PC is stable!

The card is ready for an RMA btw ...
    When I get the other one, I hope the problem is gone!
    If not, I'm certainly gonna open a topic here ... a lot of knowledge is here :)

sry for my english and thanks for your reply!

Are you using the latest BIOS and did you load optimized and save/apply after you updated it? Just checking

My MB has the BIOS F5 and have it updated to F6A Beta version.
    But the problem still exist!

I've done Fail-Safe Settings and Load Optimized Settings without succes.

Now I flashed the bios again to F5 because this is the last official (non-beta) bios.

The GPU is sended back for RMA. When I get it back i hope the problem is gone.
    But I have my doubts about it! .. unfurtunatly!

Thanks for the quick response!
    Now I go back to work! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information