Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP35C-DS3R R2.1 choosing DDR3

Default GA-EP35C-DS3R R2.1 choosing DDR3

Hello,
    I have searched and came up with pretty much nothing.
    So I need your help. I will soon be getting GA-EP35C-DS3R R2.1
    and I want to run DDR3 1333. I do realize it is pretty pricey but I
    want try it out anyways. I am wondering what BRAND of DDR3 1333
    you have used with this board. I have checked the QVL at Gigabyte but
    their is only 2 that I would run on the list, Corsair and OCZ. I was thinking
    of some Patriot,Mushkin ect.. but I do not want to buy it then have issues with the DAMN thing later. I am basically asking what DDR3 1333 RAM is compatible with this mobo. ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
    thanks,
    QUICKSILVERGTS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R R2.1 choosing DDR3

Mushkins are great with GA boards.......
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Hey thanks,
    What about Patriot? I never have personally used Mushkin but I always usually read and here good things about them. What do you think about these? Newegg.com - mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
    THANKS AGAIN,
    quicksilvergts

I have not heard much about Patriot, so I could not really say

As for Mushkins, those you listed are their "Value" sticks. If money is not a issue to you then you would be better off with Blue (HP) or Black (XP) sticks. So basically for $10 more you can get much better sticks (If your Bios allows 1.8.-1.9V (+.4-.5), which it should as I see it supports 1600MHz Ram by OC)>>>
    Newegg.com - mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Just so you know, their mail in rebate takes 3+ months (12 Week minimum)

But yes, to answer you basically those are fine sticks, I have used the silver sets in many customers builds without issues. But do not expect Much of a overclock without loosening the timings more. If you do not care about overclocking them at all then you will be good to go with those for sure

Thanks,
    Can I use these sticks at 1333 if my board does not want to
    let them go to 1600?? And I could not find where it says they are
    overclockable to 1600 on Gigabyte's site, it just says the cpu is capable of going to 1600. I am coming from Crucial ballistix DDR2 800 to DDR3 1333
    I think I will see much improvement on the stock 1333 or like you said some of a minor overclock. But I would like to get the 1600 RAM sticks for down the future. I have never dealt with DDR3 before so I am little skeptic on dishing out the money and then have compatable issues. And having to return it. You seem very knowledgable on this stuff And I thank on your info
    THANKS,
    quicksilvergts

Yes, ANY ram can be underclocked. And will do so with tighter timings

But as you said that to me I looked again, at newegg and you are right it is the FSB OC 1600. Most all boards though will do far more then what Is listed, that is just "Official" specs. But yeah maybe you should just get the ram you linked to if you are unsure, but all ram will underclock for sure.

And just so you know what I mean About Official VS what the boards can do.

Here is my OC on a "Official" 1200 FSB board (1960FSB), and this is not my highest one, I have done 2000 FSB on this board >>>
    CPU-Z Validator 2.1

What I run 24/7 >>>
    CPU-Z Validator 2.1

THANKS,
    I am going to go ahead and try the Mushkin 1600 what the hell. that way I can use it on my next mobo. And if I can't use it at 1600 I will just lower to 1333 or maybe higher. THANKS you for your help Lsdmeasap
    it is GREATLY APPRECIATED
    quicksilvergts

Yeap, anytime. Good luck with your new ram, and be sure to post back and let us know how you like it

Thread Information