Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems under P35 DS3 only on games

Default Re: Problems under P35 DS3 only on games

I just had that problem this weekend. I had played through the came a couple of times a few months back and have since added a new CPU and ram and reinstalled the OS. I loaded Crysis and patched 1.2 (played the 1.1 patch before). Started playing and arrived back at the boot screen after a few minutes. not thinking I playing with my system voltages and nothing seemed to work. Went on line and found the 1.21 patch and played for 4 hours without problem. My system never had a problem during the benchmark test and was 24 hours prime stable.
    CPU-Q6600 B3 Lapped 9X333, ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT w/OCZ Freeze
    MB-GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4
    MEM-3 GIGs Crucials
    VIDEO CARD-EVGA 8800 GTS 512
    HD-BOOT WD1600AAJS SATA2
    HD-2x WD5000ABYS SATA2 (RAID 0)
    HD-WD 3200JB 8MB IDE
    DVD-RW-PIONEER DVR-112DBK IDE
    FLOPPY-SONY 1.44MB
    CASE-APEVIA MX-PLEASURE (3x80mm IN & 1x120mm OUT)
    PS-ANTEC NEO POWER 650W
    SOUND-SB EXTREMEGAMER FATAL1TY PRO W/ I/O UPGRADE KIT
    TV-HAUPPAUGE WINTV-PVR USB 2.0
    OS-MICROSOFT WINDOWS MCE 2005 / SP3

Quote Originally Posted by Aleslammer View Post
    I just had that problem this weekend. I had played through the came a couple of times a few months back and have since added a new CPU and ram and reinstalled the OS. I loaded Crysis and patched 1.2 (played the 1.1 patch before). Started playing and arrived back at the boot screen after a few minutes. not thinking I playing with my system voltages and nothing seemed to work. Went on line and found the 1.21 patch and played for 4 hours without problem. My system never had a problem during the benchmark test and was 24 hours prime stable.
    But when you had this problem, you tried to put your system on stock? Cause here, i just crash when i try to overclock my system above 2,6ghz. Im downloading the patch right now, i hope this solve my problem. Thanks!

Now i tried to run 3dMark 2001 and crash too.... Can be something on windows? I will reinstall right now!

Go to Guru3D and download driver sweeper, uninstall your video driver and reboot run driver sweeper to remove all the debris left by your older driver, then install the latest driver for your card. You say you've past some stress test at your desred clock but they should be tested longer than a few hours, 12 hours not uncommon and alot test for 24.
    CPU-Q6600 B3 Lapped 9X333, ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT w/OCZ Freeze
    MB-GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4
    MEM-3 GIGs Crucials
    VIDEO CARD-EVGA 8800 GTS 512
    HD-BOOT WD1600AAJS SATA2
    HD-2x WD5000ABYS SATA2 (RAID 0)
    HD-WD 3200JB 8MB IDE
    DVD-RW-PIONEER DVR-112DBK IDE
    FLOPPY-SONY 1.44MB
    CASE-APEVIA MX-PLEASURE (3x80mm IN & 1x120mm OUT)
    PS-ANTEC NEO POWER 650W
    SOUND-SB EXTREMEGAMER FATAL1TY PRO W/ I/O UPGRADE KIT
    TV-HAUPPAUGE WINTV-PVR USB 2.0
    OS-MICROSOFT WINDOWS MCE 2005 / SP3

Quote Originally Posted by Aleslammer View Post
    Go to Guru3D and download driver sweeper, uninstall your video driver and reboot run driver sweeper to remove all the debris left by your older driver, then install the latest driver for your card. You say you've past some stress test at your desred clock but they should be tested longer than a few hours, 12 hours not uncommon and alot test for 24.
    Ok, im doing this. I restarted the winxp now and try to test everything here again. After this, i will post here again. Thanks again!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, that could by why. Some games, especially that one need HIGH end hardware to run properly. Watch out putting alot of voltage into that ram, sure 667 will do 800+ but if it is not a good brand then it may not handle high voltages to well.

You may just need better ram, but as said above it could just all be a driver issue. Can you run PCMark 05 instead of a graphical benchmark so we can see about ruling out the ram as a major issue for now.

And yeah, that does look sufficient for 12V rails as long as you are not draining them with something else. And as long as it is a Good PSU to begin with.

Where is this benchmark (And update) that you guys are using, I will test it out on my X1950. Which I know will not do good, but I'd like to see how much it strains the system

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeah, that could by why. Some games, especially that one need HIGH end hardware to run properly. Watch out putting alot of voltage into that ram, sure 667 will do 800+ but if it is not a good brand then it may not handle high voltages to well.

You may just need better ram, but as said above it could just all be a driver issue. Can you run PCMark 05 instead of a graphical benchmark so we can see about ruling out the ram as a major issue for now.

And yeah, that does look sufficient for 12V rails as long as you are not draining them with something else. And as long as it is a Good PSU to begin with.

Where is this benchmark (And update) that you guys are using, I will test it out on my X1950. Which I know will not do good, but I'd like to see how much it strains the system
    Yesterday, reinstaled everything (winxp, catalyst, intel chipset, audio driver). I was fighting with this mobo and i saw that with a high fsb for mem, i got a little more stable... Like in 667Mhz (333 fsb) it crashed easy, but when i put 800 or 833Mhz i could get more far....
    So, i decided to put +0,3 on ram toh try to get more stable.... I made the boot, run windows and run crysis... And i got it! but, when i went to windows, i saw that the processor was on 1,8ghz... So, i went to bios and saw that everything was ok, with fsb on 333, showing 3,0ghz, and memo on 800 with 2,1v. I went again to windows and the cpu was on 1,8ghz. So i restarted and on bios i tried to put it on 3,0 ghz... So, when i was going to run windows, my raid 0 crashed, i lost everything on this....

Im almost giving up... Today i will run pcmark as you said and try to run with a kingstone memo... My friend has one, with this mobo too and he gets 1100Mhz... I will try this.

The benchmark of crysis is in the same folder of the .exe... This is callled cpu benchmark and gpu benchmark... (its a dos file, i dont know if it runs on Vista)

This is the last chance to this mobo... If this not works i will change this or try a vdroop mod.

Thank you so much!

Lsdmeasap

Crymod Modding Portal | Crymod Downloads

Has the bench and patches

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you have EIST and C1E disabled? If not speedstep is likely why you kept seeing 1.8 on your CPU, that is unless your board was double or triple booting before loading windows. If that happens then you had the wrong settings. A Single shutdown or boot before the initial boot into windows after making BIOS changes is normal, a double or triple boot is not.

Probably to late, but I doubt your RAID crashed, I bet you just had a memory timing too tight, such as Static tRead on 6 maybe?

Thanks Aleslammer, I'll download that tonight and check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you have EIST and C1E disabled? If not speedstep is likely why you kept seeing 1.8 on your CPU, that is unless your board was double or triple booting before loading windows. If that happens then you had the wrong settings. A Single shutdown or boot before the initial boot into windows after making BIOS changes is normal, a double or triple boot is not.

Probably to late, but I doubt your RAID crashed, I bet you just had a memory timing too tight, such as Static tRead on 6 maybe?

Thanks Aleslammer, I'll download that tonight and check it out
    The EIST and C1E are disable...

I guess i found the source of my crash... After my raid 0 breaked, i restarted the windows, without raid and after everything installed on, i wanted to see my timings on Everest. So i was looking on it i a found a benchmark to test stability. You can stress cpu, fpu, system cache, memory and hd's. I selected to stress cpu + fpu + cache + memory to see what happens ( with 3,0Ghz and memo on 667 AUTO). like the other test, it crashed. After i decided to test one by one, with this setup. After 30min the memory was ok; The next one, system cache was ok too... But, when i stress the FPU it crashed very easy! I restarted the winxp, and stress the cpu, but i got no crash for this... So the problem was on the FPU!!! It makes sense cause on games the FPu is very used. So i put more voltage on cpu, but didnt had a stable system, crashed too.

So, i tried to increse the fsb for the memory, cause before the raid got over with a little more fsb on memory i got a little bit more stable to run crysis. I started with 800Mhz (3,0Ghz on C2D, 333fsb) and i got about one minute running the stress on fpu... With 833Mhz i got 2,5 minutes.. I decided to see how much overclock i could get in the memory, testing this with memtest. I could run with +0,1v (1,9 total) 1110Mhz!!! Incredible!!! And this is a Markvision modules, 2x1Gb 667Mhz!!! So i tried to run the stress with this clock and.... I got stable system!!!! Now im installing crysis angain to see what happens...

Thanks to everybody!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information