Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problems under P35 DS3 only on games

Default Re: Problems under P35 DS3 only on games

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It is not a issue to you then like I suggested for you to not use a letter. Only certain FSB freq will let you see or have a letter for a choice so you are just not in one of those ranges is all.

As for your continued gaming problems, you need to buy different, faster, and more ram. I would suggest at least 2GB of 800Mhz ram, best for gaming would be 4GB. I would also suggest Mushkin or G.Skill as the brand. Both have very decent prices on 2x1 kits, most $45-50
    I FOUND THE REASON OF MY INSTABILITY!! MY PSU IS NOT OK.... It was the last thing i would think to try and its solve the problem. My Coolermaster 600W is very weak... Yeasterday, very said about this issue, i went to a friend and there we could test everything: my memory, my vga and at last, my psu. When i put his pso on my pc, i could run everything, in 1,8Ghz or 3,0Ghz.

Now i ask you, which psu i would buy? Im looking for a 550w Corsair ou a Zalman, cause here in Brazil everybody says that this two are the best. What you say? A OCZ one could be good too?

And thanks again for this support!!! So much!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Glad you found this out, I thought it could be the PSU

Hmm, How much can you spend? Well I guess that does not matter as I could not help you shop being in the US.

Just check the 12V rails of each and be sure they are more then enough for your card. Get a Sinlge 12V rail if you can

PC Power & Cooling Is a Great Brand if you can afford it, but of the above mentioned brands I would pick the Corsair

Glad you found this out, I thought it could be the PSU

Hmm, How much can you spend? Well I guess that does not matter as I could not help you shop being in the US.

Just check the 12V rails of each and be sure they are more then enough for your card. Get a Sinlge 12V rail if you can

PC Power & Cooling Is a Great Brand if you can afford it, but of the above mentioned brands I would pick the Corsair
    Ok, I guess this corsair has only on 12v rail, but why only one? The ocz has 4 rail... What is the difference? Here, this psu is a little bit expensive, like corsair i found about US$ 220,00. Here you have the model and here i will buy:
    MercadoLivre: FONTE CORSAIR 520W REAIS MODULAR 85% EFICIÊNCIA CMPSU-520HX - R$ 369.99
    What do you saw about this? The vendor has another one, with 450w. I should choose this 450 or 520w?

One single strong one is better because sometimes even if your split rails has enough it does not offer your GFX card the extra needed juice even if it is available. There has been MANY Discussions on this and single has been decided to be better for sure >>>

Here are the facts: A large, single 12-volt rail (without a 240VA limit) can transfer 100% of the 12-volt output from the PSU to the computer, while a multi-rail 12-volt design has distribution losses of up to 30% of the power supply’s rating. Those losses occur because power literally gets “trapped” on under-utilized rails. For example, if the 12-volt rail that powers the CPU is rated for 17 amps and the CPU only uses 7A, the remaining 10A is unusable, since it is isolated from the rest of the system.

Since the maximum current from any one 12-volt rail of a multiple-rail PSU is limited to 20 amps (240VA / 12 volts = 20 amps), PCs with high-performance components that draw over 20 amps from the same rail are subject to over-current shutdowns. With power requirements for multiple processors and graphics cards continuing to grow, the multiple-rail design, with its 240VA limit per rail, is basically obsolete.
    >>>

AnandTech - Why a single rail power supply is superior to multiple rails
    Dual-Rail PSUs Vs Single rail (+12V rail) - XtremeSystems Forums
    Single vs. Multiple +12V rails: The splitting of the +12V rail - jonnyGURU Forums

You should get the 520 for sure, what other brands are you seeing? Can you link me to your pther store urls if you have others? I ask because that PSU is only $119 so I just wanted to see what else you are being offered and at what prices

WOW I had a look around that site, and I see you are not offered much and it is all VERY highly priced.

Maybe you should look on ebay and see worldwide shippers deals, there are plenty!!! Look on the ebay US pages for sure (Ebay DOT Com no brazil letter)

Also, if you wanted maybe you could find someone who would buy in the US and ship to you, it would also save you tons of money that way as well

WOW I had a look around that site, and I see you are not offered much and it is all VERY highly priced.

Maybe you should look on ebay and see worldwide shippers deals, there are plenty!!! Look on the ebay US pages for sure (Ebay DOT Com no brazil letter)

Also, if you wanted maybe you could find someone who would buy in the US and ship to you, it would also save you tons of money that way as well
    Ok man, here i have this options:

Thermaltake:
    MercadoLivre: Fonte Thermaltake W0142RU 500W Modular - Nova série RX - R$ 349.00

OCZ:
    MercadoLivre: Fonte OCZ StealthXStream 600W Real EPS ATX 2.2 PFC ATIVO NF - R$ 339.90

Zalman:
    MercadoLivre: FONTE ATX ZALMAN 460W REAIS ZM460B-APS ATX 2.2 + NOTA FISCAL - R$ 288.00

and Corsair:
    MercadoLivre: FONTE CORSAIR 520W REAIS MODULAR 85% EFICIÊNCIA CMPSU-520HX - R$ 369.99

What do you say? The Corsair has a very good reputation and 5 years warranty... But i has the OCZ and Zalman too... I had one Tt and i never had a problem with this but i guess this is not so good has the others.

On ebay i dont think this could be a good choice cause the cost to send to brazil is high... And here i can pay in 12x in Mastercard.

So i will buy one in two days (16 is the best day for my credit card) and until today the Corsair i guess is the best choice. What do you say?

Thanks!

I would go with the Corsair or the OCZ. But damn, are you SURE buying from the US either ebay or a worldwide shipper would cost you more to get shipped there?

I mean if I bought a $150 PSU it would only cost 30-40 to be shipped ANYWHERE in the world, or am I wrong and is there some charge for things to enter your country?

There is plenty of PC online stores that ship worldwide, just trying to save you some $$ as that seems like a TON of $$ for a PSU.

I would go with the Corsair or the OCZ. But damn, are you SURE buying from the US either ebay or a worldwide shipper would cost you more to get shipped there?

I mean if I bought a $150 PSU it would only cost 30-40 to be shipped ANYWHERE in the world, or am I wrong and is there some charge for things to enter your country?

There is plenty of PC online stores that ship worldwide, just trying to save you some $$ as that seems like a TON of $$ for a PSU.
    Its really more cheap to buy in US, but i guess i will buy abot 60% to enter here in Brazil. Its very expensive.... And here i can buy in 12x in credicard. So i will buy the Corsair one.

ps: i found an article that my cooler master is a 450w seventeam, not a good psu. do you know seventeam? i guess in the US its not a very popular fab.

Yeah, I have heard of seventeam and also heard that it is not good

Hey, well at least you can use your CC, be sure to pay more then the minimum payment so you dont end up paying more in the end since you are already over paying

Quote Originally Posted by lc_ss View Post
    Its really more cheap to buy in US, but i guess i will buy abot 60% to enter here in Brazil. Its very expensive.... And here i can buy in 12x in credicard. So i will buy the Corsair one.

ps: i found an article that my cooler master is a 450w seventeam, not a good psu. do you know seventeam? i guess in the US its not a very popular fab.

Hi lc_ss, can you PLEASE tell us more info about your power suppy? exact model number, power ratings and amps.

Also, the article or source you found that info about ytour coolermaster being a seventeen, would be GREAT because im getting very similar issues as you, also only in games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information