Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ga-ma78gm-s2h F5 BIOS. Anyone have success yet

Default Re: Ga-ma78gm-s2h F5 BIOS. Anyone have success yet

Yeah, I agree. I've had more bad flashes on Gigabyte boards than any other, but I still use them for nearly all the computers in my house due to their overall quality and features. Its not that hard to create a method to recover firmware. I tried everything Gigabyte claims to have, but none of them ever work. Oh well, back to california for this board.

I've been trying to get one of these up and running for a replacement machine for my wifes aging machine, but I've literally been through 4 in the past month, each one had problems. 1 was DOA, one had massive problems of all sorts, one had a bad southbridge and would not run a RAID 1 set, and this one had a bad flash.

Yet the one that I've been using has been running perfectly 24/7 since they came out in march. Hybrid graphics, vista, raid, video capture, BE5000@3.0ghz, 4gb memory, etc,etc. Full boat. No issues.

Argh.....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya I love Gigabyte as well, QUALITY Stuff in my opinion!!!!

Drop the NV chipset and you may have better luck, does your wife really need SLI?

I have a weird bug. Rev 1.0 board with F5 bios using HDMI. If i enter advanced bios and try to change the onboard VGA output option my BIOS freezes! Anyone else have the same problem?

Wish I knew about this forum before I tried flashing to F5. I had no problem flashing to F4, which was necessary to get proper recognition of memory, but still had some video and audio instability, so hoped F5 would help. I used QFlash (Iknow, I know, but it worked great with F4), and now I get nothing. The fans, hd, and cd all spin, but no video, no post,no virtual bios recovery. I don't have a speaker in my case, so can't report beeps. I just tried a new ps, no luck. Guess I will see if Gigabyte will RMA me....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Qflash is what is good (Provided you use the BIOS for your board rev and model)

Flashing with @BIOS is what is bad.

Did you have a floppy drive installed? If so this may help you, if not ya, you will need to RMA if letting it keep cycling or clearing the CMOS does not work. To do that best, unplug your PSU from the wall and put a hard drive or optical jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and let it sit for 20 minutes or so, then remove the jumper and plug your PSU back in and see if it will start up . Here is what I said may help you (ONLY if you already hade a Floppy installed and enabled in the BIOS) >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/im-a...my-bios-26905/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information