Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ga-48t-dq6 & s3

Default Ga-48t-dq6 & s3

When i want to go in S3, the computer shuts down and then i want to restart and it should go back to the last screen before S3, instead it shuts down again after 3sec and does that again all over.
    Somebody has a solution?

specs:
    GoT - System Specs pagina
    Windows Vista

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ga-48t-dq6 & s3

You can try adding more MCH and DDR2 voltage if you do not already have alot added, sometimes this helps. Also disable Legacy USB Storage Detect if you do not use a external Hard drive via USB

My Suggestion is to use S1 or stop trying to use it before you corrupt your BIOS.

Here are some beta's, Flash ONLY with Qflash and as you know BIOS flashing is a risk so be careful >>>
    F5a
    Download Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 Bios F5a Driver for Windows 95/98/9X/ME/NT/2000/2K/XP/2003 - Softpedia
    or
    Download Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 F5a bios driver free

F5c
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

F5d
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Or
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...os/x48tdq6.f5d

F5e
    http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/Bios/x48tdq6f5e.exe

F5h
    http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/Bios/x48tdq6f5h.exe

I hear a or d is best, but you will likely need to do you own tests, I also hear c is not so great so I'd say skip it

Gigabyte's BIOSes have widespread problems with S3 and cold booting on overclocked systems. On my board the only thing that fixed it was to reduce the FSB and use CIA2 to compensate.

In Vista, the S3 problems seem to be related to USB devices. Disable "Legacy USB support" and disconnect any USB HDDs or USB hubs. There may be some other Vista-related problems, I can't remember, something about the power options.

Those F5 bios where the S3 function works correct with the Q**** Cpu's are still beta, but this means there will be a finished version soon?

When i do the bios upgrade, will my Raid configuration be deleted? (intel controller)

No, your Raid Array will be the same, but you will have to set the Raid controller choices again in the BIOS is all, so remember which you have set on what in the BIOS. Take a picture if you want/can or just write it down

Thread Information