Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: problem with memory voltage on EP45-DS3R

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: problem with memory voltage on EP45-DS3R

2.1V Use it

Yes, 1:1 is good to use. You should run that CPU at at least 3.6 so you can have 9x400=3600 and 800Mhz on your ram

Changing from 555 to 444 is not going to do you much good in testing if you are not using the proper subtimings for each, at different speeds. Like I said before if the sets of timings I gave you for 555 and 444 do not work the ram IS DOA.

Samsungs testing? All fine wasn't it?

No, I cant contact them. Only email janus, but Yes a particular BIOS version may cause issues with ram. But not with one brand and not another. You could try a older/newer BIOS, but I suspect still DOA ram. It is rated for CAS4 and only will do CAS5, simple RMA will get your headache gone

The RAM specs say 2.0~2.1V, anyway I did try 2.1V before and it didn't work.

Thanks, I guess I'll RMA the RAM.

just to clarify, what would be better if I'm *not* OCing my CPU: assuming same timings (either 5-5-5-15 or 4-4-4-12) - FSB:DRAM at 2:3 with DDR2 @ 800MHZ or 1:1 with DDR2 @ 667MHZ

2:3 would be best, and 4-4-4-12

Ya, I am not trying to sound mean or mad by anything I said before at all, but I would for sure RMA the ram if it was me

I'll do that.
    Thanks for all your help.

Good luck with the rma if you do it, and please post back when you get your new ones

just a short update. the latest reply I've got from Gskill suppport:

Dear customer

We are still waiting the new bios from gigabyte. The F9 bios still have lots of issue with memory. if you use memory timing auto, it works ok. however, once we set to manual, even it is same as their auto detect, motherboard no post. We believe there is some issue with this motherboard since we have no problem to run on EP43-DS3R motherboard

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

HAHA

Well, not sure what to say to that. Personally I would want a refund and get different ram as I originally said.

I doubt THEY will refund you, and it is likely way to late for you to get a refund from the place you bought it.

Why is it now one month later and you did not already RMA the ram?

Their own answer tells you the ram is not working properly, but I guess they are also half correct. It could be that board and that boards BIOS.

I would still want different ram. If ram will not work properly as advertised at stock settings, speed and timings in Dual channel then the ram is DOA as far as I would be concerned with it

You should be telling them to ship you a different kit.

Yes, It could be a BIOS issue, I see the mention F9 and I myself have had various BIOS's cause different ram errors.

Have you tried all BIOS's that support your CPU?

If so, I would either be asking LOUDLY for a replacement set of ram, or be buying new ram and sell those (If they ever pass a dual channel stock memtest on a different board)

My thoughts, as I am sure I told you before and just now >>>

Ram Does Not pass memtest86+ at stock everything = DOA Set of Ram

You can point G.Skill to this thread if you like, maybe they will see all the testing and troubleshooting you have done. But they for sure should be sending you a new set, a month ago.

(See Your PM's)

I have pointed GSkill to this thread.

I'm no expert, but in my view GIGABYTE have been releasing BIOS fixes (most relate to memory issues) to this board way too often than one would expect.

Since my PC is running fine at 5-5-5-15, I've decided to wait until Gskill confirms it's a RAM problem and not compitability issue.

I assume I can return this RAM to the store as it has few years warrenty, and as of now it is not working as advertized.
    (also, I contacted GSkill early, and they told me to wait until they get the same board for testing)

Thanks for the tip in the PM, I'll make sure to follow it if and when I do RMA.

I normally try not to make categorical statements...but based on my own experience with this family of boards and all I have read, I would say categorically: Gigabyte has a problem with their P45 boards properly recognizing and operating with memory. I've now heard from many people who have had trouble getting this board stable with 2 sticks in dual-channel. I have eventually achieved stability (for the most part), but the conclusion that something is wrong with these boards (hardware, firmware, BIOS) is INESCAPABLE!
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Well you better be sure about that Store warranty. I doubt it is a few years with the store, most stores are maybe a year any longer would be between you and G.Skill most likely.

I do see how it could be a board/BIOS issue, but I cannot accept the fact that G.Skill had not sent you a replacement set to be sure from your end. It is not like they would loose any money

mxcrowe you could very well be correct, No P45 here to be sure. But I have only seen a few threads myself. This one is the worst which is why I said to RMA the ram. Not only will it not run dual channel it wont run the rated timings

Well, I know it is up to you as to what you decide in the end. And G.Skill I suppose, but I know if I was to point this issue to Mushkin Company whether they thought it was the board or not, if they say all this troubleshooting and that the ram would not run the rated speeds they would have shipped out a replacement set LONG ago.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information