Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G31M-S2L RAM timing

Default Re: G31M-S2L RAM timing

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Wish I had me one!

Stuck in the past for now with a Sapphire X1950 256MB, but I dont game either so it is pretty good for me. I thought about grabbing another for 50 or so on ebay just so I could "Say" I have crossfire. Not that it would matter to me for how I use my pc, but I guess it would up those 3DMark and PCMark scores

I am building/modding me a RocketFish case right now. Will be cutting up and painting this week or next soon as my paint all arrives
    Well the card runs well and i'm happy. Thanks for the help before mate.

I wanted to return my old mainboard but since i bought wholesale (gotta love having an australian business number) i'll probably put it together in another computer.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

No problems. Glad you have a good card now

Well you may just want to wait on a new board for a year anyway, socket 775 will be gone then!!

No problems. Glad you have a good card now

Well you may just want to wait on a new board for a year anyway, socket 775 will be gone then!!
    Well since this current setup is satisfying my speed needs for now, It would be nice to keep up with technology (which is very VERY hard to do unless you pay heaps of $$$ for something which will go right down in price in a few months).

Yeah I wonder what will replace socket 775, All i know is whatever replacement wont have any backward compatibility.

Now I've flashed the BIOS (using that @BIOS cause i'm rather lazy) and it's updated to the latest version and all.

Now one more thing I just need confirmation if these are all good
    (all i've set is the main RAM timing of 4-4-4-12, the rest i really have no idea)
    Last edited by Johnny123; 07-21-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

2/3 New Sockets are already almost out to the public. >>>
    Intel Nehalem Socket 1366 Motherboards Emerge at Computex 2008">

Nehalem News

The 1366 Socket will be used by Bloomfield (high-end desktop and dual socket server)

The 1160 Socket will be for Mainstream variants (Lynnfield and Havendale).
    Beyond3D - Quick Analysis: Nehalem CPUs & Sockets

DO NOT USE @BIOS EVER, unless you want to RMA your board and wait a few months for a new one. Please listen now, so you dont have to tell me I am right later!!!

Qflash is just as fast, no need to be lazy with your PC!!

Those look very good, is that with subtimings on AUTO?

2/3 New Sockets are already almost out to the public. >>>
    Intel Nehalem Socket 1366 Motherboards Emerge at Computex 2008">

Nehalem News

The 1366 Socket will be used by Bloomfield (high-end desktop and dual socket server)

The 1160 Socket will be for Mainstream variants (Lynnfield and Havendale).
    Beyond3D - Quick Analysis: Nehalem CPUs & Sockets

DO NOT USE @BIOS EVER, unless you want to RMA your board and wait a few months for a new one. Please listen now, so you dont have to tell me I am right later!!!

Qflash is just as fast, no need to be lazy with your PC!!

Those look very good, is that with subtimings on AUTO?
    Subtimings are on AUTO because I wasn't sure what to set them to.

I've used @BIOS twice and after reading the posts here i don't feel lucky for a third time, next time i'll use the Qflash.

Also: Arghhhh my system will be outdated soon! hahaha i had a celeron which was like socket 478 or something and this computer is what replaced it. So i'll have this setup for quite a few years now.

edit: EasyTune 5 (which is what i use to check temperature of the CPU and the system temp) reports the CPU temp to be 15 degrees when idle. I'll see where it goes with load. Oh and ever since i turned one of my fans around so it blows IN the system temp has gone down heaps as well and the heatsink doesn't feel super hot. Just using Everest to give it some load and the temp is going up to about 26-27 with 100% CPU usage. I think I'd manage an easy overclock here?

In a perfect world, My paycheck would be large enough to keep up with technology. (Well i found the money for a new Coolermaster CM690 SLI certified case, Not that i'd really need SLI)
    Last edited by Johnny123; 07-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information